OCR02861 - *YES* Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team 'Runaway Faith'

DragonAvenger

Remixer name: TheGuitahHeroe

Game: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

Song: "Run Away"

Remix name: "Runaway Faith"

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51IYbIU18cc

Not much to say about this really. I got some pretty strong inspiration for this from a video I found on youtube (

). I love the original, and from watching this came the thought that the only way the original could POSSIBLY be any more emotional is if it were simplified. QUEUE PIANO.

It's still not as emotional, but one can try. . . right??

Thanks to everyone at the WIP forum for helping me out with this, as well as everything else that I make :D

• 2 weeks later...

A somewhat conservative approach, but there is sufficient variation throughout to really feel like it's your own. I do think more pronounced rubato would have really been the icing on this cupcake, but there are plenty of things to like here otherwise. There are some nice tempo changes, but the subtlety of them makes it harder to gauge. The piano sound is slightly nontraditional, but I really enjoyed the slow decay and rich low end.

It doesn't take many risks, but between a simple and solid execution and a good source, I was enjoying this one.

Yes

so, Mr. Heroe, when's your PMD solo album coming out? :P

I think I'm hearing some really light distortion on louder notes, but otherwise I'm digging the tone. as OA said, the arrangement is conservative in nature, but well varied and personalized.

I gotta say I enjoy your quirky 9-bit stuff a lot more (who would've guessed? :P), but you've shown a lot of versatility in your short time remixing, and this mix only reinforces that notion. nice work! :nicework:

YES

Gotta agree with the gentlemen above; this stays fairly conservative, but I like the details you've added here. I thought it was pretty cool when you shifted the beat of the original to remove the pick-up notes and have it on the beat instead. Aside from that, I think you could have added a little more emotion with more rubato, as Andrew mentioned, but it still conveys a lot as is.

YES

• 2 months later...

OA nailed it here. Very good use of tempo changes here throughout. I'll echo again the rubato comment. Also, I would've liked to hear a bit more delicate velocity tones (not sure if that's the sample or whatever).

Nice arrangement, though not a huge deviation, has a lot of nice flourishes and additions.

For some reason :30 makes me think of chrono trigger.

Yes