Xenon Odyssey

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationForest Hill Zone

Posted 01 June 2011 - 04:56 AM

OLRmageddon

Welcome to the OCR thread for OverLooked ReMiX's competition, OLRmageddon! In a nutshell, we are basically like Dwelling of Duels, except without the live instrument requirement and the addition of bonus points. Each month there is a theme, and if you choose to do the bonus, you can get extra points to help your mix become the winner! If you do win, you get to pick the theme and bonus for the next month, and your mix gets directly post to the OLR archive. More info about the rules and past contests can be found in this thread: http://olremix.org/f...opic.php?t=6603 (any questions you have can be directed to me).

Since nobody likes Batman (or, at least the music that represents him), Tarrasque has given us our theme for this month, which is Non-Famous Composers! He wrote up this long list of people who don't qualify, so it basically boils down to indie games and obscure titles. Of course, there are games like Ducktales which are eligible, since nobody is sure who did the music! But I digress.

The bonus is the Wilhelm Scream! Use it in your mix for those juicy +2 points. AND, there's an XO's Challenge this month! If you make a Nico Nico Douga style remix using only the Wilhelm Scream as a sound, you'll get +4 bonus points, extra voting points (amount to be determined from number of entries), and a custom forum title (obviously at OLR, not here)! More info can be found in the thread at OLR.

The current thread at OLR can be found here: http://olremix.org/f...opic.php?t=9678
The OLRmageddon website: http://sites.google....sey/olrmageddon

Come join us for some shenanigans!

#2 JH Sounds

JH Sounds

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,585 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

Excellent. I'll be sure to cover this in my blog along with the various other compos.

Posted Image
Find me on Facebook - Twitter - YouTube - Vimeo - Google+
support me on Patreon

#3 ProjectSpam

ProjectSpam

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:47 AM

All right! I plan to be a regular competitor again!

#4 halc

halc

Take Flight/The Sound of Speed Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  • LocationWhitsett, NC

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:49 AM

+4 points for spamming sonic fx? am I dreaming?

#5 Xenon Odyssey

Xenon Odyssey

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:48 AM

+4 points for spamming sonic fx? am I dreaming?

Nope! GIMME DAT MONITOR 'SPLOSION!

Also: yay more coverage! And yay more ProjectSpam!

#6 Chickenwarlord

Chickenwarlord

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

This might be in the cards for me.
Insert chicken with sword and shield here.

#7 Xenon Odyssey

Xenon Odyssey

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

Mixing has ended for this month, and the songs have been posted here: http://sites.google....sey/olrmageddon

If you'd like to vote, please register at the forums at OverLooked and spam 10 posts on our board! Maybe someone will even respond, and we'll get some activity once again...

#8 ProjectSpam

ProjectSpam

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 768 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:17 AM

I made myself a liar with my post. :( Next month, Xenon, next month...

#9 Xenon Odyssey

Xenon Odyssey

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:05 AM

Quite alright my good man; real life is a cruel mistress that must be swooned from time to time.

#10 Xenon Odyssey

Xenon Odyssey

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:18 AM

So after a little delay, we have our new theme! Any game in the Breath of Fire series is eligible for remixing this month. The bonus is inappropriate lyrics, either in subject matter or in juxtaposition to the music.

It's also our fiftieth competition! That's like a milestone or something right?

#11 Gario

Gario

Workshop Moderator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5,417 posts
  • LocationVagabond in the Southern California region

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:21 AM

... Oh shit, BoF music?

If I can find the time, I'm there.
Posted Image
<Insanctuary> I love humility; I eat it for breakfast.
Get involved! The Lufia Album, ORC and PRC are all looking for volunteers!

#12 Xenon Odyssey

Xenon Odyssey

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:16 AM

This month is the return of a recurring theme we have in the competition, BEER/EAR Month! Basically, we follow the rules of the old contests BEER and EAR (whose history can be read in the rules thread) and have certain songs to remix instead of letting you choose your own. The songs are as follows, in case you didn't want to go all the way over to OLR to hear them:

Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge - Breegul Beach

Ristar - Ring Rink

Mega Man Legends 2 - Nino Ruins

Crystalis - Overworld

Soul Calibur 2 - Confrontation

The bonus is having a dubstep wobble in your mix, regardless of genre (flute trio with bass drops? yes plz).

#13 Xenon Odyssey

Xenon Odyssey

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:24 AM

This month has us with an extremely broad theme, Games with Water! Basically, any game that has water in it is good for remixing (so you can remix Wily Stage 1 for the umpteenth time cuz Bubble Man is all about da agua). Pretty much every game under the sun is elligible, so you can finally do that mix you've been putting off due to busyness/lazyness! The bonus this time around is having a jazz influence to your mix, which I explain more in the OverLooked thread.

Also, there is an XO's Challenge this month! If the game you select has a dedicated water theme, such as Bubble Man mentioned above, should you decide to remix that particular theme, you'll earn an extra +1 point on your mix. Remember, remixing the water theme is not required, unless you want an extra point. Just want to keep that clear; you can do Hot Head Bop from Donkey Kong Country 2 if that tickles your fancy. We just want entries plz (´;ω;`)

#14 Rexy

Rexy

Project Chaos Asst. Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,225 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

Oh I'll provide something alright... :razz:
...provided I know what's the procedure to submit. Do I send it as an OCR/OLR PM to you or do I send it like an OLR submission like normal?

Posted Image

Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
SEGA Mixer Drive
: Fridays at 9PM GMT / 4PM Eastern @ RadioSEGA

#15 Xenon Odyssey

Xenon Odyssey

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:30 AM

The songs have been posted for this month! They can be found here: http://sites.google....sey/olrmageddon

Vote or die!

#16 Xenon Odyssey

Xenon Odyssey

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

This month brings us the theme of Castlevania! Basically, any game in the beloved series is eligible for remixing, from the heralded original to the puzzle game on the iPhone.

Our bonus this month is Oktoberfest! If your mix is in the style of a polka, and/or features sounds of drunk people, mug clanking, or general festivity, you'll receive the extra two points on your mix.

#17 Level 99

Level 99

Lucid Dreaming Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

This month brings us the theme of Castlevania! Basically, any game in the beloved series is eligible for remixing, from the heralded original to the puzzle game on the iPhone.

Our bonus this month is Oktoberfest! If your mix is in the style of a polka, and/or features sounds of drunk people, mug clanking, or general festivity, you'll receive the extra two points on your mix.

SO if I can fit bratwurst and beer belches into a mix...that counts?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#18 Xenon Odyssey

Xenon Odyssey

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:15 AM

SO if I can fit bratwurst and beer belches into a mix...that counts?

general festivity

Posted Image

#19 Xenon Odyssey

Xenon Odyssey

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

The mixes for this month have been posted! Check 'em here: http://sites.google....sey/olrmageddon

#20 Rexy

Rexy

Project Chaos Asst. Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,225 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

Sorry I couldn't take part this time (was buggered down with more stuff on my plate, and would be moreso with the Wily Gauntlet coming), but I shall at least be able to stick around and vote.
For the record, I DID have an idea to down an entire bottle of Smirnoff Ice and write/perform a polka cover of 'I Am the Wind' in the space of one night. Guess the world may never see it now xP

Posted Image

Facebook | Twitter | Youtube
SEGA Mixer Drive
: Fridays at 9PM GMT / 4PM Eastern @ RadioSEGA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums