OCR01328 - Super Mario Bros. "Bowser Is Pissed"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

PriZm has managed to capture the creepiness of every fourth stage in the NES game in a great electric guitar and percussion beat, and when the song hits 2:47, it really kicks into overdrive.

Get this now. You won't regret it.

RULES. Its incredible how well the original is used here. So much material from such a short and simple YET AWESOME 8-bit loop. I love the heavy metal guitar and the way it keeps the listener waiting. It kicks in in the middle of the song, not right away. Awesome. I also love how the guitar doesn't really increase the energy of the song, but really pumps up the badass meter to the MAX.

GREAT GREAT stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

This ReMix is the most awesome thing I've got on my iPod right now. Starts off with a mild, mellow intro, then kicks into electric. Runs about two and a half minutes, then slams into some of the best rockage I've heard, ReMix or not. PriZm takes a song that managed to pump enough adrenalin into your system as an original to kick some ass, and turns it into a rockin', in your face, four-minute package of kickassinage. I don't really pick favorites for ReMixes, but if I did, this could easily be #1.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There are masses what shows either a remix being good or bad. The mass of this remix gives something extra:

Amazing and really Atmospherical... It's a great Remix of the old version, i never knew about a remix could be so perfect. There is only one way to describe it: W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L. :D . What i really loved was the easy going start an then went totally in to a Electric Guitarr and Drum n' Bass style. It's a great remix, and one of my personal favorites.

• 2 months later...

This is very close to the remix that I was looking for years. I was hoping the whole remix to be "XTREMEZ OMG!!! ITS BOWSER WIT TEH FIRE BREATH AND HELLFIRE LAVA EVIL CASTLE LEVEL OF DOOM1!!!!111 TIME TO DIE!!! RUN THE F**K AWAY!!!" It definitely got there near the end. I do like how it starts also.

Thanks PriZm for this much needed remix.

• 3 weeks later...
wait a sec... did I hear "flight of the bumblebee" in there?

EDIT: also, prizm, what exactly did you use for that lead? I love the tone.

Yes you did hear a snippet of bumblebee :P

What lead ? Do you mean da guitarz ? Or the lead synth that plays in the backdroung ? If that's the case, then it's some synth in Reason, can't remember which.

I used my Ibanez JPM P4, neck pickup (for da bluesy feel), Boss GT3 with my own disto preset (I think I tweaked factory preset Sweet Lead for something like three years before coming up with this one :P) and Mesa Boogie Blue Angel Amp. Recorded with a Shure SM57.

This setup sucks for heavy distortion rhythm, but is damn cool for leads.

I'm listening to this, and, maybe it's the final fantasy addict in me, but i swear i'm hearing a bit of "ff7: Those who fight (ac version)" in there too, after 2:46... the repeating guitar rift sounds just like a bit of it o_o

Coincidence?

Well I'm not sure where you're going with this, but that was all unintentional. The only song I've borrowed from (apart from the obvious castle theme) is Flight of the Bumble Bee.

And by the way, thanks to all of those who have commented on this song.

• 3 months later...

I downloaded this mix back when it first came out, left the site for about a year, got a new computer, came back and re-downloaded a ot of the old stuff from my old system, and I'd have to say that this is still one of my absolute favorites. It's awesome, anyone who can make this kick-ass a pece out of three measured of looped idiocy. Id have to say bowser is overly pissed, yes. Download it NOW!

• 1 month later...
I downloaded this mix back when it first came out, left the site for about a year, got a new computer, came back and re-downloaded a ot of the old stuff from my old system, and I'd have to say that this is still one of my absolute favorites. It's awesome, anyone who can make this kick-ass a pece out of three measured of looped idiocy. Id have to say bowser is overly pissed, yes. Download it NOW!
I agree to that good sir

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm still impressed how you managed to take a three-measure theme and turn it into this amazing piece of music that doesn't seem overly repetitive. I love the loud, gritty sound this piece has - I think you've nailed Bowser's personality perfectly with this.

I think this remix captures the feeling of a Bowser Castle level perfectly. It starts off a bit softer and then builds up to the final confrontation very well, with lots of little level obstacles in the way. (The beginning of the castle is never as intense and stressful as the final conflict.) I think my favorite part is at 2:48 where the metal band shows up - I could see this at the point in level 8-4 of the original SMB where you get to the Hammer Bro right before taking on Bowser himself. The tension is building until you confront the Koopa King himself, and then that ending! I couldn't think of a better way to end this song than with the NES sound effects of the bridge going down.

This is an excellent piece to listen to while working out. You can almost feel the heat from the fireballs zooming over your head as you race down the stone corridors. In any case, this is a great audio tour of an old-school Mario game castle level, not to mention just a great piece of music.

• 10 months later...

This song is so ...manic. It's all over the place! in a good way of course.. it's sweet. I always find myself imagining Bowser waiting impatiently for Mario on his little bridge thing, going insane; pacing back and forth and the like.

Then at 2:48 Mario finally jumps up the step right before the bridge, and Bowser just loses it.

I'm also loving the Flight of the Bumblebee-esque guitar work going on 3:23-3:30ish... actually the guitar solo section 3:23-4:00 is just full-out awesomeness.

AND the 1up sound effect at 1:17... classic!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01328 - Super Mario Bros. "Bowser Is Pissed"