Space Sphere (Portal 2 Hardstyle)

So I haven't been online on this site in....quite near ages. I've been trying to perfect my art, and while I'm nowhere close, I'm a lot better than the last time I was here. Last time, I never really posted anything original, just stuff my friend and I could come up with together.

Anyway, I'm back with a Portal 2 themed song. I put it in the "Originals" forum because it only uses vocal clips from the game, and therefore, I think, probably does not count as a remix, correct?

Anyway, the genre is hardstyle, the DAW is FL Studio, and there was a total of 18 hours and 46 minutes spent on this track. Let me know what you think!

http://soundcloud.com/blattacker/space-sphere

Good start for a hardstyle track.

If I'm gonna get my shuffle on, I need some damn kick. This isn't really an option for hardstyle.

Compression is awesome, and definitely a staple of any dance music genre / sound, but you might wanna look at what's on your master channel. The compression is really audible and grainy (I'm guessing it's either Fruity Compressor / Limiter, or Maximus if you're using FL. Sounds like it to me too). How much compression is on your individual instruments and what's on your master?

Lastly, I'd say your intro could be shorter possibly, but it would be fine if you introduce a kick somewhere through there.

18 hours is just scratching the surface! :sleepdepriv:

Well, for the compression, I'm actually using FabFilter Pro-C. Though, I will admit that when it comes to compression, I'm a bit helpless, so I only have the one compressor set on the master channel. I used the default setting, too, with the threshold taken down a little bit, cause all I was trying to do was get it below 0 dB.

As far as the kick goes, I'm happy with the tail, but I was using Junglist for the punch this time, which is weird for me cause I usually use Drumazon. I think I'm gonna switch back xD