OCR01329 - Mega Man 2 "Oxygen Flare"

djpretzel

Pretty cool intro and good sounds overall, but the lead seemed a little buried. Later on it's more audible. That synth guitar is no good, but otherwise i'm generally feeling everything. Nice transition to Bubble Man, and generally creative takes on all the themes, with pretty good transitions.

Drums I thought were a little on the loud side, but there was a lot of layering going on, and it was only in a few sections.

I think some of the textures were good, and the different sections presented everything in a good way.

• 6 months later...

Very cool intro. Mysterious and sets the tone well. The rhythmic synth sounds really cool with it first comes in. The sound here is a strange (good strange) combination of the chilled vide you're known for, but with some very aggressive electro elements. The dynamic shifts, while drastic, still feel natural to me, in a strange way. The guitar crunch was a little much, but personal preference is what it is. The faster breakbeat section is very cool and very different from you're typical style. Guitar does end up covering a lot of frequency levels and starts to drown the choir and other elements out when it's going full blast. Very interesting mix of ambient/chill and aggressive pieces. Good job!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01329 - Mega Man 2 "Oxygen Flare"