OceansAndrew

Your ReMixer name: Jakesnke17

Your real name: Jacob Diaz

Your website: http://djjd.bandcamp.com

Your userid: 28914

Name of game(s) arranged: Mega Man III

Name of Arrangement: Serpent's Spiral

Name of individual song(s) arranged: "Snake Man's Theme"

Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc:

Man, I never thought I'd actually get around to submitted a remix in...been a member for 2 years. Mega Man was definitely a series that I'd play over and over again, always loved the music...I always thought it could be more than beeps and bloops. Countless times, just sitting at the TV, popping in a controller and amuse one's self. I always thought about Mega Man II + III mainly...they just stick out as having some of the best music on the NES.

About the remix, lots of stuff went into it, various VSTs, a ton of effects, crash cymbals, lots of drums....and it was all produced on FL Studio 10.

Hope you guys enjoy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This kindof has a halc meets willrock feel to it, with some lofi stuff, some hifi, and some pretty cool and interesting drum patterns. Melodically it starts out pretty similar to the source, but it branches out in a unique direction and features a semi-solo, a breakdown, and a few bridge sections. The lead sounds I would have preferred to be slightly higher-grade sounding, but the track feels pretty charming, and i love the multiple layers of percussion, even if at times it feels a little looped.

Transitions are solid, the arrangement was fun, and though there could stand to be a touch more polish, and a better ending, I think this brought it pretty well.

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

wow, I loved the arrangement here, there are some great harmonic changes in the backing. it was a little muddy in the low end, but overall the production was good and the blend of instrumentation was pleasing. I personally get a *little* tired of hearing those peach patches after having used them in a million of my own mixes, but I guess it's hard to admit they don't sound great. next time try to mangle 'em up a little more with effects, make them more unique. :D

YES

I wasn't sure what to think about this one upon first listen. So I've been letting it marinade for a couple days to put some thoughts together.

The good: Nice arrangement of the original. Pretty straightforward usage of the original in the beginning but you take things in your own direction here with melody variations and expansions as the track goes on.

The issues: In general, the low end of the track sounds muddy with the dark strings taking up a lot of room. Drums are a mixed bag. The sounds themselves are good quality, but the kick is really boomy in the low end, while the hats and snare are much brighter. This makes the drums sound like they're pasted on somewhat as they've got high end presence which is lacking in the other elements of the track. Also would've liked to have less repetition in the beat.

Also, there's about 10 seconds of silence which could be trimmed off the end of this.

Honestly, it's a bit of a close call for me with the aforementioned drum issues. However, the production is generally solid and the arrangement is nicely executed, which just pushes this one over the bar for me.

Yes, borderline