OCR02250 - Streets of Rage "Bare Knuckle Blitz"

djpretzel

The main reason i go to that album is this song.

Its so amazing i don't have words to describe it other then amazing.

I have this song on my phone its that awesome, and i only have a select few on there that i find are a cut up above the rest,

Keep up the good work will :D

As for the whole low-end debate, the bass actually sounds fine in my wireless headphones. They are usually super inconsistent but this song sounds good through them. Streets of Rage... I'm reminded of my childhood with these great mixes. :-) Nothing really to even say apart from that, it's a Willrock mix and it's good. (big surprise)

First, WillRock amazed with the frenetic, but deliciously fun to listen to, 'Clockwork Criminal. Now, WillRock is back with a strong, bassline filled synth explosion for the first stage of Streets of Rage. I just had to comment on this musician's obvious talent. A round of applause for this great remixer. He deserves it.

• 1 month later...

I admit, I wasn't too familiar with WillRock's work before we did Heroes vs. Villains... but man, his work on this made me perk up and wonder "what else has this guy done?"

You have a new fan dude, and it's due to the high production quality, excellent mixing, sound remix structure, willingness to tackle challenging originals, and - like everyone else said - your way around the synth leads. I like. No wonder that this was a headliner track to the HvV promo video. :) Good stuff, keep it up.

• 3 months later...

This is one of my favorite (if not THE favorite) WillRock ReMixes I've ever heard. The amazing anthem at the beginning is just calling to be the opening of an action film. The entire track is a synth orgy. I LOVE IT!

There's a reason this ReMix showed up in the "Heroes versus Villains" trailer THREE times!

• 3 weeks later...

This is pretty much an insta-fave from the Heroes vs. Villains album - WillRock blows this out of the water. It's snazzy in a way that oozes of confidence and an attitude of can't handle this. This mix manages to maintain that high octane impression and never lets go throughout, and even the one brief pause leads to an even bigger build up. Definitely one of the best mixes on the site for 2011!

• 10 months later...

One of, if not, the best Willrock song on the site. That synth is flat out terrific and I have to say that I'm in love with this arrangement. Near-perfect production, by my ear. Funny how I just now realized that I knew the melody to this for a while without realizing it was a Streets of Rage song. Hate to state the obvious, but this some pretty sweet work, that's really all I can say.

• 1 year later...

I came across this when HvV came out, and I dug it then, but since I don't really pick apart albums to grab the songs that appease me, I had not done so for this, and forgot about it... that is until I was browsing the OCR torrent, and had just hit random on my playlist and this came up, and I was like... Duuuuuhhhhh.... (in a state of phonic ecstasy)

Ever since then, I've listened to it about some 25 times on repeat just to make sure to drill it into my head how !AWESOME! this mix is.

I've never played the SoR games, but if there ever was a remake to that game that uses this mix in it's soundtrack, I would put my money down for it just to punch out some mooks while jamming out to this.

• 1 year later...

So... Uh, yeah. You've got some classic Will's synth goodness, some classic Will's drumwork some classic Will's shreddage, and the blend of these components is, of course, a classic WillRock mix, no less! The ammount of energy is really great here, and it's simply hard not to bop your head when listening to this tune. I really consider this song to be Will's best. Awesome :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think from my start at OCR, I've just kinda watched WillRock do his thing with various stuffs and more things. But I'm happy to say that this thing has ALL the stuff. Most of the stuff is made from a lot of different things though.

Ok, for real, let's start from the top.

A panned acid synth here, an "over the top" brass synth, and some of the most interesting drum machine fills I think I've heard in a song. It's relentless in its design; as a result it really gets you pumped. By halfway you're rocking out with an electric guitar solo, and though the super brief pause at 2:29 was unexpected, it really sets the stage for the synth solo at 3:25. Fantastic work man.

• 6 months later...

WillRock, thank you for making this piece of awesomeness. I've listened to this remix more than other remix on the site by a pretty solid margin. "Go Straight" always pumped me up to go out on the street and beat up some bad guys, but this mix gets me, like SUPER pumped! From 3:21-end, I get chills literally every time. All your synths just come together so perfectly. This will (heh) always be one of my favorites. You totally nailed it!8)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02250 - Streets of Rage "Bare Knuckle Blitz"