OCR02251 - Streets of Rage "Groove On"

djpretzel

Yay more streets of rage remixes :D

This is my personal favourite of the entire soundtrack and you my friend have done the source some justice.

Love the funky guitar when it comes it really add's to the feel.

Really liking this and its been a long time since your last remix

Which was just as awesome.

Keep doing what you do dude because to me its pure gold.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I remember some of your early works from around 2005-ish, and the production work on this one feels rather mint and more pristine than anything that I had heard from you prior to then. :)

In regards to arrangement, it manages to chop up the source melody into something more developed and structure them in a way that retains the familiarity of the source but also forms the basis for interpretation along the way. The drum work at 1:25 was a huge highlight, showing some strong details with the gate work and switch ups during this transition.

This trick was repeated moreso past the 3 minute mark, though I may have to be blunt though that if it didn't happen there then the mix may somehow have outstayed its welcome. So I got to say nice call and solid work overall!

Assuming that you're coming over to London on Saturday, it'll be a pleasure to see you ambient :)

• 2 weeks later...
I remember some of your early works from around 2005-ish, and the production work on this one feels rather mint and more pristine than anything that I had heard from you prior to then. :)

In regards to arrangement, it manages to chop up the source melody into something more developed and structure them in a way that retains the familiarity of the source but also forms the basis for interpretation along the way. The drum work at 1:25 was a huge highlight, showing some strong details with the gate work and switch ups during this transition.

This trick was repeated moreso past the 3 minute mark, though I may have to be blunt though that if it didn't happen there then the mix may somehow have outstayed its welcome. So I got to say nice call and solid work overall!

Assuming that you're coming over to London on Saturday, it'll be a pleasure to see you ambient :)

Thanks Rexy! Sorry couldn't make it to London that day. How did the meet up go? I will definitely make it next time!

This does have a dancey & house groove going on here as ambient mentioned in his submission comments. It's a fun mix, light and meant for dancing. I do wish the melody was a little more prominent early on though - it takes a tad longer to get into the meat of it than I'd like personally. The arrangement seems to be built pretty well regardless though, so it's hard to complain too much.

• 10 months later...

Whooo, sweet! Love how groovy this ReMix is, and especially the dirty bits in the middle before the "chikachickawah" breakdown. The energy is consistent and very danceable, and it's nice how you keep adding bits and pieces in as the song goes on. Never seems to get out of hand or boring. Very nice, indeed.

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02251 - Streets of Rage "Groove On"