OCR01338 - *YES* Mega Man Zero 2 'Cool Mind'

djpretzel

Hi

As I don't already have a remixer-profile, I guess I should start out by saying a little about myself.

I was born in Norway on the 6th of may in 1985. I've been into making music for a few years, and figured I'd make an attempt to contribute to the site with some of my own work. I've always had a big interest in music, and I think I always will have. Especially video-game music.

So to sum it up a bit...

Remixer name: Dragonlord

Main interests: Music, videogames, computers, and mostly anything related to electronic devices that can do neat stuff.

Recently I got myself a GBA, and I purchased the game MegaMan Zero 2 along with it, and while playing it, one of the songs was sorta just screaming "Reeeemix meeeeeee!" to me. I scurried over to the computer, and started working on it. I think there's around 7-8 hours of work put into this song, and personally I'm rather satisfied with how it turned out. The song itself is a mixture of a synth-organ, distorted synths and a healthy dose of drums to go with it, the whole thing mixed together with a little sense of rhythm, sprinkled with a few details here and there. Best served at high volume. Enjoy.

Original song name: Ice Brain (Can be downloaded from http://www.zophar.net/gsf/mmzero2_gsf.rar and played back with this:

http://www.caitsith2.com/gsf/player/HA_0.10.exe )

Remix name: Cool Mind

Oh man oh man oh man. Awesome. Ice Brain is like the best track in the whole game; this remix TOTALLY does it justice too. Really tight beat + synth integration. Ridiculously groovy (omgbias). It follows the general progression of the original, but all of the parts are sufficiently tricked out for maximum enjoyment and variation.

Can't say anything but YES

http://www.zophar.net/gsf/mmzero2_gsf.rar - 10 "Ice Brain"

Initially, the mix tied somewhat liberally to the source tune. Melodically, both the opening and closing sections were a bit difficult to tie right back to the source. Assuming those were more original than remix, other sections of the mix were nonetheless a lot easier to associate with the "Ice Brain", like the ones among :45-2:15, so on the arrangement side I had no problems there.

The sounds came off as somewhat basic (not amateur/n00bish, but basic), but the texture was caliente and funky fresh. The percussion, while stylish, could have been a little more varied (the snare was the main culprit), and some may call the lead synths grating though I didn't mind them. Nice lil' quasi-organ synths going on in there as well.

Chill lil' number this one was. It caught me by surprise, because I had let it loop for a while before I had even bothered to check who had made it. Good shit from my bro, Doragon, who I'm glad to be hearing from again, since it was about 8 months ago that he told me he'd be out of the game for a while. Definitely a pleasant surprise. Keep up the good work, bro.

YES

Massa-full workmanship. Whereas Darke must confess a bias of groove, I myself must confess a bias of texture. The tapestry of sound created here creates such a delightully rich and enjoyable loom that it's nigh-impossible to deny the artwork behind the scenes. Another great 'mixer who has an ear for the picoscopic details.

On behalf of the United Negro Mixer Association, we applaud you, sir!

YES!!!

Wingless said it best, the texture here is very rich. Great instruments, synth programming, etc.

This song is a tight package, there's lots of funk crammed into three minutes. I was impressed also by good use of the stereo field, and a generally unique sound. While I usually dont bother figuring out who makes these mixes, this one made me think, as larry might, "who is this nigga bro?" and I am thusly impressed, and await further material from Dragonlord.

YES

scuse me quitting panel afk