POST TO ENTER! Meet Uematsu! Win VGM! (July 29th deadline!)

Liontamer

In to win, baby!!!!

Out of all the VG music that I listen to, I always come back to the Final Fantasy Music for that moment that will forever touch my heart.

You will always remember that moment when One Winged Angel comes on and you get absolute chills....

I definitely have Mr. Uematsu to thank for my interest in video game music, or rather, music in general. It would be a thrill to get the chance to meet him in person. Ever since the VGL concert, I've been waiting for another to come around my area; I'll definitely try to go to this one whether I win or not.

More than anything I'm just mildly annoyed that even though I'm a huge Uematsu fan, I had no idea I was following an imposter page on FB. So, with that rectified, would it be cool to meet him? Hell yeah!

I've been to a couple Distant Worlds concerts, one in which he was not present, and I did see him from a distance at the other, but that would not lessen the coolness of getting the chance to meet him up close!

Nothing stirs the old nostalgia more than Final Fantasy music. Uematsu-san is responsible for a generation of gamers humming a nine note melody at any victory. For that, he deserves attention, respect and the love of the community.

Which he has. But it wouldn't hurt to see him at a show!

I've been a fan of Nobuo Uematsu's work ever since Crisis Core released on PSP (Yes, I know, I'm a bit late) But better now than never.

Even though the music in Crisis Core are all arrangements of the original soundtrack, it still encouraged me to buy the original FF7 soundtrack as well.