POST TO ENTER! Meet Uematsu! Win VGM! (July 29th deadline!)

Liontamer

I'd be more than honoured to meet the man whose tunes ring in my head every day.

I haven't got a ticket for Distant Worlds: London, unfortunately, but would very much love to go :l

Nobuo Uematsu, you are a god amongst men.

Uematsu is simply one of the best composers of all time his music always transmits feelings that cannot be explained. This paired with exceptional games makes Nobuo one of my favorite persons in the whole world! And although I don't know him I can see he enjoys life while being a very humble person and that is the exceptional trait that leads to happiness. So Thank you Nobuo for making us SmilePlease with your music!

I am beyond a fan. Uematsu is one of the greatest inspirations in my life. I grew up with his music, and now that I've been learning the keyboard over the past couple of years, he has been a huge musical inspiration to me as well. And I was a day 1 fan of his on Facebook. Great to see you guys going through so much effort to right this wrong.

I've seen Distant Worlds twice with my cousins who are also huge Final Fantasy fans. Final Fantasy has a special place in my heart because for a while, I was losing interest in playing music. Playing through my first game, FFVII, and hearing it's soundtrack (unlike anything I had ever heard) opened my eyes to how wonderful music could be. 2 years later, I discovered the Piano Collections and have played and performed many of the songs. These are some of the few songs that I still play after I have performed them because I can always establish an emotion to the songs.

Thank you to Uematsu-san for being an inspiration to me!

Well, no harm in posting here as well, right? I wasn't introduced to Uematsu's music until after finding OCR, but ever since, I've been hooked. In all his work, he has an amazing ability to bind interesting melodies with beautiful harmonies, no matter how limited the hardware was. Even just getting to go to Distant Worlds would be amazing, but a chance to meet the man who created so much? Priceless.

I have loved Uematsu-san's work since I first played Final Fantasy II. It has always got to my heart, and taken a firm hold of me as I sit there and play each and every one of the adventures that are graced by his work.

I have never been able to attend any Final Fantasy-themed concerts or events. I've been financially burdened and teased by the ever-cheapening Florida State scholarships. I simply don't see myself able to afford to go for quite some time.

If I were to win, it would be the most exciting and surreal opportunity in my life. To listen to his music in a concert setting with hundreds of other adoring fans who have been touched by his contributions to the video game industry, never mind the possibility of meeting him face to face.

I could scarcely imagine something that would mean more to me.

He got me into to music really. I honestly hated what my parents forced me to listen to, back in the day. But when i played my first final fantasy I fell in love with the music and couldn't help but listen to it and since it was classical my parents approved. Ever since then i have gotten more and more into music and to this day still can't quite find anything as emotional or moving as his pieces.

Back in 7th Grade I began programming my own video games. Along the way, I realized that I needed some temporary background music for the games, so I searched online and discovered the music of Final Fantasy. I was so inspired by the soundtracks, that I decided to become a music composer from then on. As of today, I have had two pieces commissioned by the Los Angeles Philharmonic as a part of the LA Phil Composer Fellowship Program, and one upcoming commission from the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra. I am now headed off to the USC Thornton School of Music for Music Composition. Thank you so much, Uematsu-san!!