POST TO ENTER! Meet Uematsu! Win VGM! (July 29th deadline!)

Liontamer

Sign me up too! Huge fan, and I'll be likely travelling to see him in concert even if I don't win. Witnessed him in concert at Anime Boston 2010 and it was absolutely STUNNING. (and went to a Q&A session too! He says he would want to cosplay as a chocobo!)

Nobuo-san is a very kind person with a great sense of humor

:mrgreen:

I warmly thank him for all the creative processes that led to the genius pieces we all know.

THANK YOU very much for wrapping us FF players in these incredible atmospheres, for transporting us into these fantastic worlds, and for inspiring us to enjoy the art of video games music.

For more than 15 years, you have brought excitement, friendship, tears, sorrow, life and joie de vivre to my heart through your art :grin:

Dear Nobuo-san, you are someone very special! Thank you for being you!!!

PS : That is me! --> ff1-fighter-victory.gif Only my chocobo is missing ;)

ffsc1114.jpg

Posting for the contest! Nobuo is a god among mortals!

Seriously, I love all the FF pieces, but my favorites are the characters' themes. Tifa's... Golbez's... Kuja's... Zidane's theme is quite literally a perfect piece of art to me.

I always up to win some swag, but more importatntly this remided me I hadn't like any of those things on FB. FF series got me into rpgs and eventualy other games. It was how the music really help to move the story, especially in later series. I have such an extensive collection of music from those game already and the OC Remix near tripled it with the communities awesome contributions.

As a major fan of both Distant Worlds albums, having purchased both, and as a long-time OCR fan (with a vast majority of my downloaded remixes being reworkings of his beautiful work), I would love an opportunity to meet the man behind the incredible music.

I am definitely in it to win it. :D

I remember back when I was, what, 13? I was at a concert of Final Fantasy music, and Mr Uematsu was there, in the audience with us. I couldn't believe that one of the greatest modern composers was sitting there, with the rest of us, watching this concert.

So when I went to my local Distant World's concert, I was amazed that, yet again, he was just sitting there, enjoying the music like everyone else. Something about his humility (along with his immense talent) just makes me want to sing his praises as much as I can. Can't ever thank him enough for providing me with inspiration and support over the years through his music.

(On an OCRemix note, J.E.N.O.V.A. for Piano is totally my favorite arrangement :P )