POST TO ENTER! Meet Uematsu! Win VGM! (July 29th deadline!)

Liontamer

I was able to attend Distant Worlds: Final Fantasy @ Wolftrap in Virginia. The venue was incredible and Arnie's arrangements of Uematsu-san's work made the event truly magical! I am looking forward to attending more DW:FF concerts in the future. If you haven't been to one of the concerts, you are missing out on an amazing experience!

Ridiculous that an unofficial page can get more likes than the real one, especially from such a popular composer.

Even if I don't win the contest (Yes, this is my official entrance post :P), I'm very happy to have found his official page. :grin:

I've loved Nobuo Uematsu since I was a little kid watching my cousins play video games while all I could do was sit, listen, and enjoy the music. I remember the music in Final Fantasy X inspiring me to join band in school so I could play music just like that. I remember the arguments our band and the choir had over who was better: Uematsu-san or Eric Whitacre? Though the answer is obvious. I learned how to play piano just so I could play "Return to Zanarkand" and "Suteki Da Ne". When the "Distant Worlds" concert came to MN I took my Grandmother and she said it was the best concert she's ever been to and I got her interested in video game music. Unfortunately I didn't get to meet Uematsu-san at that concert but it was a wonderful experience nonetheless. If I could go to another concert and meet him in person it would be a dream come true. Assuming I don't win: whoever does I'm really jealous of you but congratulations.

Nobuo Uematsu is one of the composer's I grew up with and I'll always listen to his stuff. As a child the highlight of my video gaming experience was when Celes performed in the play for FF6. The concert performance of the play is amazing it really makes me smile.

will be very very happy to be able to win this if possible. am a final fantasy fan since ff7 and counting. still listens to uematsu-san's music. :-D

on a side note, will distant worlds final fantasy come back to singapore once more? many fans here (including me) are dying to attend this again.

on another side note, will be happy if there are other concerts like black mages or earthbound papas are able to be held here.

What more can I say? Words can't describe how AWESOME the music Nobuo composes! :razz:

He is the greatest videogame composer there is! And FFVII OST will forever be my favorite sound track in my life!

Last year at the Distant World concerts in Toronto, when I came out, I told myself... I'm glad to be alive :)

I can't believe it took me this long to discover Uematsu-sama's official page. I've added OCRemix and Uematsu's pages, and I already had Distant Worlds in my news feed, my eyes fixed to the page for the announcement of another show in Minneapolis, MN. The first one was legendary. What I'd give for another, and for me and my brother (a wonderful choral composer) to meet this unsurpassed musical genius.

Thanks for the opportunity,

--Kyle.

P.S. Great job on "Sound of Speed," OCRemix! :grin: