POST TO ENTER! Meet Uematsu! Win VGM! (July 29th deadline!)

Liontamer

I didn't even know there was an official page to like, and had settled for the info page long ago.

Glad to show my support for the man who inspired me to keep at piano lessons all through high school, just so I could play his music.

I've always been a fan of Uematsu's work. Even when the games have been rather weak in areas.. I've always been able to find pleasure in the music. And the older Final Fantasies especially have that golden glow to em when it comes to music.

I'm not the biggest Nobuo Uematsu fan out there, but I have lots of respect for his music and all of the work he has done. Final Fantasy isn't the same without him IMO.....so.....

PLEASE LET ME WIN THE TICKETS SO I CAN SHAKE HIS HAND AND BRAG TO MY FRIENDS!!!!

>_____< I love music so much, half of what I remember about nostalgic video games is the music behind it!! Overclocked Remix takes all of my favorite video game music and turns it into something amazing, just when you think the original is godly and untouchable! Of course, Nobuo Uematsu's music happens to be one of those untouchable godly goods. I can't get over it. Any way you change it, his soul is just embedded into it and you don't listen to the music, you feel it!

It's a real shame all the fake pages have more. There needs to be some kind of system that allows the real person to have all those likes & favorites added to their own. Anyways, great musician. the opening theme for the series is easily matched to the like of Super Mario's "Ground Theme". Here's to hoping I win, but good luck to the rest of you!

Anything to honor one of video games' greatest legends! His music has been carried with me through so much of my life that their characters' themes may as well be my own. Even if this contest were to not exist, his name and his legend will never fade through time.

Uematsu has been an inspiration to me in my own musical journey. I've arranged a few of his themes for small chamber ensembles for an arranging class I took. It would be an honor and a life long dream to be able to meet him!

Uematsu-san has been a tremendous inspiration to me since the first time I fired up Final Fantasy VII. In fact, I don't think I would ever have survived my piano lessons if I hadn't been learning "The Nightmare's Beginning", "Crazy Motorcycle", and "Heart of Anxiety"!

Growing up, I never got too far into role playing games. My first RPG, Suikoden, ended up with me not getting too far.

Then came Final Fantasy VII, a game I rented from the video store that I eventually decided to purchase for myself. It was quite a pleasure in playing and a delight to hear so many powerful melodies within.

From there, I've tried my hand at a number of RPGs and have enjoyed them: Suikoden (going back to it after FFVII experience), Grandia, Chrono Trigger, and Chrono Cross are but a few that I've enjoyed. I even went back and played the FF series from 1 to 8.

Indeed, it would be an honor and a pleasure to win this contest. And I know that not all of the games mentioned above had Uematsu's touch within them. Nevertheless, it's a joy in itself to have heard such lovely melodies and acquire such grand memories as I gained my own experience through these magnificent games!

Finally, at least someone is doing a right thing in this world! Watched the distant world concert in Sydney and saw Uematsu from afar and already I can feel his superior aura. A chance to meet him will be a dream come true. Anyways, FF wouldn't be what it is without him.

I listen to music that most people have never heard of, and a bunch of mixes and remixes and just jumbled up stuff that makes everyone think I'm insane, but in reality, I'm the sanest of them all, because I love Uematsu!! :D

FFVII was my first soundtrack <3 I think every time I listen to it, I replay the game in my head. lol.

We'll just pretend I don't have a playlist called "Battle" on my phone while I pretend I'm someone amazing and battle inanimate objects and keep a calculator tallying their HP and my HP. :)

Not to mention playing FanFare when I win.

Or Game Over IF I were to lose... haha. not likely.

I must admit, I'm not a long time fan. I only discovered that Final Fantasy was good with FFXIII, since that was the first game to come to 360. Since then, however, I've been going back to listen to all the old music, and I've loved every second of it. So count me in. I want to experience more of this incredible music.

First and foremost, I've been a long time fan of the site, have been listening to the remixes of so many of you talented folks for years, and trying to promote your tunes and albums to friends and family for the longest time.

That being said, I never got around to joining the forums because I was waiting til I could debut my own mixes, but that day is taking it's time, since recording equipment isn't my financial priority.

At any rate, I am wanting to go see Distant Worlds in Vancouver, July 27 and really wanted to do the VIP thing, but can't justify buying just a ticket for myself and leaving my girlfriend in the nose-bleeds, nor can I afford two haha.

So, seeing the greatness of this contest, and the cause it supported, and the fact that it could potentially introduce me to the man that caused me to truly fall in love with instrumental music, to really pay attention to classical music, and allow myself to be swept away by movie and video game soundtracks alike, was more than enough reason to join. I started learning piano so I could some day play Aeris' Theme, and have since learned to play it quite well, along with a few other choice pieces of game music I love.

Thanks OCR, and thank you to Nobuo Uematsu, for being one of the great musical geniuses of our time.