POST TO ENTER! Meet Uematsu! Win VGM! (July 29th deadline!)

Liontamer

Oh my gosh~! Uematsu-san! I love him! I went to go see him in concert for Distant Worlds in NYC! Actually, I didn't get to meet him because my family is having a bit of financial trouble...but I got to see him on stage and that was good enough for me! It was so cool to hear everyone shout his name as soon as he walked on stage. His look was priceless, like he wasn't expecting so many people to be there for him. We love you, Uematsu! And then he sang with the chorus for One Winged Angel <3 <3 It was the highlight of my year. I wish we could have afforded the meet and greet prices...needless to say, I'm kind hoping to win this, too... He's always been like...my idol. He and Miyavi...but that's for another time, I suppose. ;]

Composition leads to musical themes, musical themes lead to happiness, happiness leads to memories. Uematsu's work is the path to the light side.

His music inspired me to compose myself. I met him once at Symphonic Fantasies, but was so excited back then that I was unable to have a real conversation.

I'd love to talk with him about his work and approach as a composer.

For me personally, Nobuo Uematsu's work in Video Game music sets the bar past, present and future. He is the man who made some music for games that said, "This is how it's done."

There's a reason why the most popular sources of remixing on OCRemix is Uematsu's work. It's just that good.

I am a fan of Uematsu's work, and I am doing my part to show my support! (And to continue my never-ending quest to prove to my sister that people do listen to video game music outside of video games.)

Good luck to everyone with the contest! And if you haven't listened to Distant Worlds, I highly recommend you do so now.

I first heard Uematsu's work playing Final Fantasy II (IV) in my best friend's basement. This was 1992. From that point I knew that video game music could inspire and move me. It drew me into the story of the game and was, in a way, it's own character. In high school I would put a tape recorder up to the TV and record my favorite Final Fantasy songs from the speaker and listen to them on my walkman. Now, years later I am still a fan. I love his work and I love how it inspires so many people. This community is a testament to that.

Here's to hoping I'm the lucky guy to win

I "Liked" all three pages. Honestly, I'm kind of a "closet gamer", so this was definitely something out of the ordinary for me. Still, his music influenced the entire industry, and many of the games he composed I hold near-and-dear to my heart, as I'm sure they do others.

I definitely hope I win, but even if not, I owe him far more than a few "Likes" on Facebook.

I have followed all instructions to the letter thus far. I'm a fan of Uematsu-san's work, I own both his soundtrack and non-soundtrack works (Phantasmagoria, anyone?). He's a top-drawer celebrity to me and I'd be giga-psyched to meet him in person!