POST TO ENTER! Meet Uematsu! Win VGM! (July 29th deadline!)

Liontamer

I finally finished the song that I mentioned was dedicated to Uematsu and posted it on his facebook page and on youtube. Check it out! It's called "Original Battle Theme - Edge of Night." I so badly want to want to compose music, especially for video games, that I do not intend to ever give up, so I'm sure I will cross paths with the legend himself one way or another :) as long as I keep trying.

...........by directing the airwaves back towards him.

true SeeDs come from WEEDs!

We soar on the wind,

from the den of the lions own mouth!

whether they've heard It or not, we are about to make our Landing!!!!

its time to give kids the world, and our turn to give them LOVE, a promised hope, and strong faith in a better future.

where is your 'succession of witches' now?

:<

Since being introduced to my first game that Nobuo Uematsu scored, Final Fantasy X, I have fallen in love with his music from the whole series. He captures amazing emotion in his music and the melodies will stick with me for the rest of my life. I'd love to win the contest! I'm a HUGE fan.

so, I'm loving this contest. :D ....and I'm actually surprised I never signed up for this forum before...considering how much I download from here, lol.

I am @mrslisting on twitter, ocremix peopleeee. :D totally referred and got to know this site by @_jamesramirez_, whom I'm sure you know is a mega MEGA fan via twitter. xD he and I are actually going to Otakon for the first time! (he's traveling from Ohio, I'm coming from New Jersey). so we would LOVE to go see Mr. Uematsu <3 it would be amazing! we love all his music, and have appreciated it in every Final Fantasy. seeing him in concert would be such an honor. :)

well, thanks guys for the opportunity and good luck to everyone in the contest! :)

Being the aforementioned @_JamesRamirez_, this sums up my backstory as well. Seeing Uematsu with my girlfriend would probably be the highlight of my life.

Either way, thank you OC ReMix for bringing this opportunity to your fans. You guys are the best!

I cannot comment on much of Nobuo Uematsu's work, as I unfortunately have yet to play most of the games. However, I fell in love with the soundtrack for Final Fantasy VI from the start of the game, and believe him to be a great man to compose such graceful works of art. I enjoy attending concerts, but have yet to go to one with a video game theme. Perhaps, if I win, I will finally get the chance.

OMG! I admit, I just heard about this site and registered just to take part in this contest. But Nobuo Uematsu is a HUGE part of my life!! and I know its the same for everyone here but how many can say he CHANGED your life? because he changed mine. He inspired me to study music and have a career in music when I was 15. I listened to his songs and was fall into a peaceful trance, overwhelmed by the beautiful melodies.

Because of him I am happy and content with what I'm doing right now, because of him I have become a musician. If i ever get a chance to meet him, I want to tell him that.

To meet him and Arnie Roth in person is a lifelong dream of mine. And doing so would allow me to check off another dream from my "lifelong dreams list" Thank you for the opportunity OCremix

I'm a longtime fan of both Uematsu-san and OCRemix, but this is the first time I've registered here or posted on the forums. This contest is a great idea for spreading the word of how great Uematsu-san's music and all gaming music is :) Good luck to everyone!

Uematsu has inspired me since the first Final Fantasy on NES. ^_^ But the soundtrack to IV really got to me. Have tried playing many of his pieces on four different instruments, and is likely the most played out of anything else. Absolutely wonderful stuff. Have seen Roth's concerts in videos before as well, truly amazing guy. Would be awesome to meet such great people. :D