OCR00552 - Final Fantasy V "Cursed Pirates of the Sea"

orkybash

Final Fantasy V 'Cursed Pirates of the Sea'

Yay! An FF5 mix! And one that does not, under any circumstances disappoint. Intro sounds a little like Monkey Island - an very good thing. It then moves into a very eclectic style, using acoustic and synth instruments to very good effect, and covering two songs from FF5. Its not without its share of problems - drums are maybe a tad overpowering, and the horn in the second half sounds a little out of place to me. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

• 4 weeks later...

I think personally that final fantasy 5 is one of the greatest games ever an has the most catchy tunes on the snes! i thinks that this mix is great! please please do more songs it would be so great to hear all the songs all remixed i think that ppl should stop what there doing and dl this right now!!!! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I was both disappointed and overjoyed to see this mix. I was disappointed because of the fact that this was the only FFV mix out there. But, I was overjoyed that there was indeed one kick-ass remix of the game out there. On top of that, it was a mix of the Pirates' Theme, quite possibly my favorite piece of music in the whole entire game.

The first half of the track is deliciously cheerful, driving one to the point where they want to jump up from their chairs and do a jig. Then comes the second half with that boombastic storm. Though I prefer the beginning sequence of the track better, this second half is definitely something you don't want to miss.

The only downside to the track is that it leaves you craving for more mixed FF5 music... :(

The track is spit inhalf. one of the normal tune, one of the bad weather one. To be honest, i normally click this MP3 off wen it starts the 2nd tune. I love the Pirates tune, it's catchy and better then most other games it never bores me atall.

I don't like the 2nd part ecause.. i don't really know, i guess i miss the first tune :?

• 3 weeks later...

More Final Fantasy 5 remixes! I love the music to FF5...my personal favorite out of all the games. This piece does a great tribute to the music of FF5. The pirate theme is great, and the transition to the bad weather theme (complete with stormy sound effects!) is done very well. More, please! :D

• 4 months later...

Totally awesome mix. I love the low wind instrument sounding thing that comes in 0:21. Of course its a flute or something ( :D Forgive my lacking musical knoweldge and sound base!) but I dont wanna sound like a dumbface. And then when it picks up at 1:11-1:12, I was dancing in my chair. Totally wicked man. Total.

2:57 holds my heart in the mix though. When playing through Final Fantasy V, I can clearly remember this song. Its vivid, stuck in my brain from those days of ...a year and a half ago when I bought it on playstation. But still! I remember it. And it rocks. The whole mix flows real well.

Kudos!

-Doug

p.s. I really should get a signature or something 8O

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What? This is the only Final Fantasy 5 remix here? There should be more just like this. Another good mix by Proticity, just like his 3 big DKC2 mixes. Two songs in one. I recommend anyone that haven't hear Proticity's music to download this one as well as the other he has.

• 2 months later...

I agree, we need more FF5 mixes up here. This one is nice, but I feel it needs a little more punch. The drums and flute are nice, but perhaps some better guitars, and maybe some stronger drums here and there would spice it up a bit.

• 3 weeks later...

NICE job. I remember listening to the the original versions of these songs on the CD that came with Final Fantasy anthology and greatly enjoying them. I'm impressed by the transition between the songs in particular. This remix just reaffirms this enjoyment I got out of the originals and you have my utmost respect as a remixer.

• 1 month later...

Excellent :)

Rated at 14 out of 10 stars, which is the top rating for a FF5 mix(well, it's the only rating for an FF5 mix, but it's still the best, and I wouldn't call it the worst)

I've had a few ideas for FF5 mixes but lacking equipment/software all I've been able to do is MIDI work. But I was thinking I could put the midi up and let someone else take over the job of turning it into something OCR-worthy(the piece, btw, was of the Ancient Library theme, but I can't find the midi i did)

• 1 month later...

It also dissapoints me being that this is the only mix uploaded for Final Fantasy V. It was an extreemly good game (though I never finished it). Squaresoft actually TRIED to make a good game, and a good game is what they got.

As for the peice, damn, this makes me want to go out and buy the sound tract. This was one of my favorite peices in the entire game. The extra drums in the background and the synthisiser used for the main theme was an excelent combo. Makes me want to dance. The convergence to the second part is wonderful. Gives you an entire 'ghost ship' feeling. (which, I belive during the part of the game this was played, you were on a ghost ship). The horn is very pretty. The rising points where if it was drawn out a bit longer, it would sound horrible, but for the short 'blips' it has for each note makes it sound like magic.

9.5/10

• 7 months later...

I loved it. The synthesizer work was fantastic, and it brought back some memories from when I bought Final Fantasy Anthology and listened to the included album until my ears bled. This truly does justice to the original, and improves on it at that.

• 7 months later...

my bros started playing ff5 again on an emulator so i always hear the music. this, 8 and 10 are the only ff games ive actually played the whole way through and they have the least music here. when i looked up ff5 i was glad to see it was prot who did the remix. i was hoping it'd be the pirates theme and it was but i actually enjoyed the first half of the song more

i love when the stronger drums come in and then i love it again when the synth comes in

but this song wasn't really what i was looking for

7/10

• 1 month later...

This was a great mix from a great game. It is one of my favorite songs from the game, and Protricity did an excellent job of making it come to life. My only complaint is that the flute melody at the beginning is sometimes too soft to be heard. Other than that, though, this remix was awesome.

• 7 months later...

This is a great piece of masterwork. At some points you can think that he should had chosen other instruments, but if you concentrate more on the whole picture, this is truly a masterpiece. It has average instruments like guitars, flutes and of course drums, but he can surprise you by unexpectedly throwing in some cool synths and trombones right in the melody, nice stuff. The walkover to the next song was a little sudden, he first one faded away and then changed to a completely different melody. The second one, NO problems at all, magnificent remixing with nice bells and trumpets(I think), beautiful and terrifying, this is pirates we´re talking about, arrrrrent we mateys? Rally-ho to Protricity!

• 3 months later...

Hahah. I love it. The instrumentation is polished. Has a lot of interesting ideas here. This one indeed sounds very Monkey Island for me. I usually like when an instrument as the french horn here is sounding so snes. This with a sorta has 2 songs. Wow. He's always able properly to make mixes with more than one song; this was definately interesting to make unique transitions for a song, jumping from one to another.

This is a purpose of some mixes of Prot. Pretty solid stuff.

• 6 months later...

I always used to completely skip the second half of the song if I noticed the switch, didn't care for it at all.

Then I played ff5 recently.

Now I appreciate both parts, although ofcourse the first half is more energetic and noticeable :)

I guess remembering the ship graveyard and so on helps to appreciate the second half... musically it doesn't stand out by itself.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00552 - Final Fantasy V "Cursed Pirates of the Sea"