Great Accomplishments in Gaming: get your brag on

ectogemia

I don't think there's a thread yet for just completely bragging your ass off about awesome things you've done throughout your shockingly long career of gaming, so here is a place for you to dump your jaw-dropping accomplishments in the world of bits.

Yesterday, I beat level 20 in Dr. Mario. Then, I beat level 21.

Then I did the same thing again on my next try.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!

Or is that totally weak, and everyone can do it? :cry:

One time (and only one time) I managed to beat all three of the final bosses in Ninja Gaiden without dying. I'll never do it again.

Also, just the other day, I played through Final Fantasy I (GBA) and cleared all four temples and three of the four bonus dungeons in the space of 16 hours - with all four of my warriors sharing the same number of experience points the entire way. I capped that off by defeating Death Gaze at the end of Whisperwind Cove. Then, the next morning, I waltzed through the Chaos Temple and beat Chaos without working up a sweat.

BTW, for those who haven't experienced it, the two bosses at the bottom of the Lifespring Grotto (Omega and Shinryu) and Death Gaze are all significantly more difficult to beat than Chaos, no matter how good your equipment and levels are.

I discovered my first glitch in Twilight Princess water temple. I did something with the spinning staircase where I would hookshot to the chandelier while directly under the staircase while it was spinning. The result? Link was swimming in midair. I could move a small distance before actually falling to the water much lower.

I managed to 1cc Battletoads when I was 10.

I have no idea how to repeat it.

You'd have to go back in time, my friend. I have a theory: kids can do friggin anything in video games, and adults cannot. Yep, that's the whole theory. Enjoy disproving it; it can't be done :P

One time (and only one time) I managed to beat all three of the final bosses in Ninja Gaiden without dying. I'll never do it again.

:o what. the. hell. My favorite games are sadistic NES games, but I played Ninja Gaiden recently and shut it off after about an hour. SO MANY DEATHS.

I discovered my first glitch in Twilight Princess water temple. I did something with the spinning staircase where I would hookshot to the chandelier while directly under the staircase while it was spinning. The result? Link was swimming in midair. I could move a small distance before actually falling to the water much lower.

The 3d Zelda games have always been loaded with graphical glitches, and man, are they awesome. If you play through Ocarina without seeing some goofy business, you did something wrong.

i had a 98 yard play in madden 11 on all-madden difficulty a few days ago.

with the bills.

Repeat this feat with the Lions, and I'll go steal a Lombardi Trophy just for you.

Landing the plane in top gun nes game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iknxfb29GVI

Because i was bored. :U

Oh and getting to sweet's house in gta san andreas the hidden interior thing without a cheat device only built in cheats to get access to a building that is only seen in cutscenes.

much like above because i was bored

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4584/16/104/1086453678/n1086453678_30204794_3200813.jpg

link from my facebook, picture was done with a ps3 eyetoy from my tv screen so bad quality all round.

oh... and francis international airport also in san andreas

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4584/16/104/1086453678/n1086453678_30204787_6052412.jpg

same as above... alot of effort for pointlessness but hey why not eh?

Landing the plane in top gun nes game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iknxfb29GVI

Because i was bored. :U

I did this ONE TIME in my entire life and it was a long long time ago when I was a small child.

Also I beat Sunset Riders on hard mode. Never again.

I 100%'d Kirby's Adventure but that's not that hard.

Beating Ocarina of Time with only 3 hearts was pretty fun

Finishing the Xbox Ninja Gaiden felt like an accomplishment in itself. Same for beating Ninja Gaiden 2 on NES. Have yet to beat the first one.

I've beaten a number of Mega Man and Mega Man X games using the Mega Buster only. Not all of them, of course.

I'd like to be able to play through all of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 for NES one of these days.

:o what. the. hell. My favorite games are sadistic NES games, but I played Ninja Gaiden recently and shut it off after about an hour. SO MANY DEATHS.

This link is the first episode of Game Center CX translated into Engrish as Retro Game Master via kotaku.com, in which the game being played is Ninja Gaiden.

http://kotaku.com/5814938/episode-1-ninja-gaiden

This man has much more patience than most.

BTW, TMNT for NES is not the hardest game ever (a cursory skim of youtube lists will provide a few names that pop up much more frequently) but I am willing to agree that the bomb-ridden dam stage was programmed by at least one sadist with a grudge against all game-playing humanity.

Edited by Jax Mandrake

My greatest gaming achivement, was finally being able to climb the ledge in the first level of Tomb Raider 2 after 10 years. I love those games but It took me forever just to jump onto the first pillar. Wtf is this non-sense with a "walk button". Anyway, when I was halfway up the ledge, I accidentally hit the circle button and Lara did a flip and fell to her death.

Then I had to start all over.......I nearly cried.

it wasn't particularly difficult but it took a lot of determination to beat tony hawk 3's career mode with every skater (including secret characters). i say "determination" because i was determined to see what first person mode was like (which you unlock after doing all that). spoiler alert:

it sucked.

Beating Ozma in Final Fantasy IX was really fucking hard, but immensely rewarding.

Beating Final Fantasy Tactics using only Ramza wasn't so much of a challenge and slightly boring because you kind of just master everything in as few battles as possible by yelling and accumulating your brains out.

I'm pretty proud of beating Secret of Mana as a team with a friend of mine as kids because he had the attention span of a cardboard box.

Apparently I only play RPGs, but I won't apologize for that.

In college, I S-Ranked all of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I'd pick one stage, play nothing but that stage for hours until I mastered it little by little, then move on to the next one. All of the split-second rail grinding, all of those awkward Tails/Eggman mech levels, all of the driving sections, all of the chao raising, all of the emerald hunting. I still have all the words to the Pumpkin Hill rap committed to memory because I had to replay that stage so many goddamn times. My reward for all this? Phantasy Star Online-style skins for the characters and a 3D version of Green Hill Zone Act 1, both of which are not very interesting or good.

Beating Arc Rise Fantasia with the voices turned off. This may not seem like much, because the voice acting is pretty bad and so turning it off seems natural, but this also means you won't hear characters warning you about the enemy doing super attacks. The whole game was harder because of this.

I beat Final Fantasy VII when I was seven, I didn't have much knowledge in english so I got stuck pretty bad at some parts. Bolt II in the slums, like a bouse. But I did beat it by myself. I learned a lot english from Final Fantasy VII.

I beat Shadowgate for the NES last night, and I only used a guide maybe 6 or 8 times. No, really, that's kinda impressive. Seriously, how am I going to intuit that I should use the command "OPEN" on a bucket to grab an item from it.

Despite the unbelievable bullshit that game deals you at times, it was a pretty cool experience.

Most of these I did when I was a kid, and probably can't replicate, or don't have the patience to do anymore. I can't believe how endless my patience was when I was younger.

SNES - Super Mario Kart - Rainbow Road - Koopa Troopa - 1:37

N64 - Starfox 64 - Highest score (between me and my brother) was like 2100 to 2200+ on Expert. It took probably a year to get that high, playing a few times a week.

NES - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - I can beat the dam level with no hits, fastest time something around 35 seconds left (but this could be wrong, I know I have plenty of time left though, way before the music changes)

PSX - Silent Hill - Beat on Hard with no deaths first try ever because I had no memory card and was afraid I couldn't reload a save, later I found out that if you die, you can still continue where you last accessed a save even if you did not. The game was so much more scary because of this.

SNES - Kirby Superstar - 100% or whatever the percentage is

SNES - Yoshi's Island - 100% or whatever the percentage is

SNES - Super Mario World - *96 way back playing with my friends in the neighborhood when I was like 10

SNES - DKC2 - 102%

SNES - DKC3 - Finally beat 100%. Did it about a month ago, don't remember the percentage though.

SNES - Chrono Trigger - Got everyone to ** level, including Magus. Don't ask how many playthroughs it took, just don't lol.

SNES - Earthbound - Got Sword of Kings without trying on first playthrough. I didn't have the instruction manual and didn't know it was that hard to get until I went back and looked. I was so happy!

PSX - Castlevania - SoTN - 200.3% (I got just about every glitch room and powered up the sword as well WITHOUT cheating on an OLD save I would revisit a lot),though I looked up the last couple map tiles because the people who found those are NUTS!

SNES - Lufia 2 - Beat the Ancient Cave. :D

Also BEATING XBOX NINJA GAIDEN BLACK ON MASTER NINJA MODE HOLY SHIT!

Oh yeah and my favorite gaming achievement - I beat BRANDISH!

Edited by Monobrow

SNES - Earthbound - Got Sword of Kings without trying on first playthrough. I didn't have the instruction manual and didn't know it was that hard to get until I went back and looked. I was so happy!

Getting that damn sword takes me so long every time I play the game that it isn't even fun after that point because I'm way too strong for my own good.