OCR01340 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Path-ology"

djpretzel

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I feel like I'm on a cold, lonely mountain on an overcast day when I listen to this. The chewy warbles, electronic growls, and flute don't like to stay very long, leaving echo-y afterimages in their wake. The ambient pad in the back is always skybound, floating and humming along, but even that flies away when I'm left alone with my thoughts at 2:23-2:35. But I like being alone with my thoughts. And I like mountains and overcast. And this mix too, by association.

• 1 month later...

Nice synths and a way chilled vibe make this a pretty great track. The heavy delay on the leads is really what makes this one work, as it gives a huge sense of space. The main synth is absolutely fantastic, and the other instruments, while not stellar, do their part to support the lead. Beats are subdued but effective, and the length is perfect. I'm a fan. :-)

• 1 month later...

Whoa.

The echo/call & response effects here are really, really cool. And the fact that only half the musical elements are echoing in this mix make for a strange and unique sound scape and a really interesting listen. The mood here is darkly mellow, and not creepily darkly either but a warm comforting darkly mellowness.

I agree that downbeat is one of the better words to describe this.

Definitely a really unique and cool track.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01340 - Seiken Densetsu 3 "Path-ology"