OCR02271 - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time "Temporal Despair"

djpretzel

TheGuitahHeroe has been working on several Pokémon remixes for some time now, and I'm glad to see it finally came to something. During the Missingno Tracks, I secretly followed every other remixer working on any pokémix. TheGuitahHeroe's work stood out a lot, and I wish I could have gotten him on it.

This remix is why.

It's three and a half minutes of delight and surprise. The percussion and the slightly distorted synths work well together, and then he changes it up with some organ stuff that fits really well.

TheGuitahHeroe, you get an automatic reserved spot on any projects I run in the future.

Awesome to finally see TGH on OCR! Ever since he revamped this song, I absolutely could not stop listening to it.

My favorite part about the song is awesome everything is layered together, and each segment fits perfectly in relation to the source. If there were a remake of this game on the Wii, this is what I imagine I'd be hearing.

I'll be playing this one over for a long time. Without a doubt, along with Home Is Where the Luvdisc Is..., this is my favorite Pokémon remix on this site.

Man, seeing this first thing after getting off of work. What a great start to the rest of my day. : D

Good shit, TGH! Love it.

Mechanical sequencing? In electronic music? Shirley, you jest :<

I had heard TGH's songs in the GRMRB and they were always very nice and polished, but ultimately they were enjoyable. I think this song is very enjoyable as well, despite having no knowledge of the game in question or its music. This is a great debut that you should be really proud of, sir.. nice work!

Been watching TheGuitahHeroe in the workshop for a while, now, and I'm ecstatically happy that he's finally made it on OCR - it's good to see all the work he's been putting in over there come to fruition. :-) Congrats man - looking forward to seeing you front page even more.

As to the mix, it's a great multilayered piece, AND it's Pokemon (albeit not from the main series). 'nuff said. :nicework:

ya'll better keep your eyes peeled, TGH is one of the most versatile, poke-music obsessed up-and-comers around. :nicework:

excellent work, bro. :D

This a hundred times. There's a hell of a lot more where this came from fortunately. Seriously guys, recommending ya'll look out for his future remixes.

I'd like to say, being off-topic here, that it's kind of ironic that Vig, of ALL people, is defending the Pokemon remix while everyone else harasses it. :P

I kid of course.

I'm pretty shit when it comes to musical theory, but I get his points at least.

Past time someone did something from this game. Amazing, moving story. And a beautiful soundtrack, esp in the last few stages of the game.

Someone needs to do the Primal Dialga theme. This must happen.

TGH; I loved your stuff in the GRMRB. Esp. Blowin' 'em Outta the Water. I am so stoked to hear what else you are going to be coming out with, it is not even funny. Can't wait for your next Pokemon mix!!!

Because you really always capture the themes really well, and have a great story to your music.

Why the HELL are there no remixes from this game on the site?! The music from this game is incredible, and I think there should be some remixes of it!

My thoughts exactly! Thank you so much for remembering the game everyone else apparently forgot. This remix is awesome!

It's about time we get some PMD arrangements on OCR, these games have consistently amazing soundtracks and definitely deserve some love here.

Temporal Tower is one of my favorite tracks of all time. Since I tend to compare arrangements to their respective sources, arrangements usually have a hard time impressing me when I already like the source a lot.

But this one is actually pretty good. The backgroundish melody reference at 0:11 totally gives me the shivers on every listen, absolutely genius. That kick is amazing and production in general feels top notch. You also packed in a lot of variety so it doesn't get boring at all, even if one already knows the source inside out.

So, huge props to TheGuitahHeroe here, I've listened to some of your stuff on YouTube, and I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more from you! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody awesome; there's just so much going on in this remix. The wonderful choir around 0:40 and 2:00, the lovely piano coming in around 0:50 (both of which remind me of Metroid, for some reason), nice synths around 2:30, and an awesome flute (?) to top it all off at 2:45. Outro is well-executed, too.

Great stuff.

• 3 months later...

I couldn't help but djp to the song as soon as it started - good job setting the base of the mix down here. The usage of the piano to start off with the melody is done well, as that buildup to begin the mix can make it difficult to progress from there. I feel the mix ends too soon though for all that time spent building it up in the beginning. It wanders around and then goes to the end - not a fan of that. There's good stuff here, I just think it can be taken to another level though :) .

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02271 - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time "Temporal Despair"