Cruisin' (Chrono Cross - Voyage: Home World & Radical Dreamers - Ending: Le Tresor Intredit)

Ok, so I'm liking the style adaption, it works very well as an upbeat melody :)

The production has some issues that need addressing however. There are some mixing issues, such as the delay on the opening synth, which doesn't need as much feedback or wetness as it has. I'd bring those down. Some of the other synths are clashing frequencies in the background as well, i'd mess around with EQ to give all the different sounds their own space. It feels some of the sounds, most notiably the lead is over processed. In regards to the sound design its probably ok, the drums need some humanisation work however, i'd work on velocities with those drums. Finally, the panning on the lead is a little disorientating atm, I'd get rid of that.

To put it bluntly, i'm fairly certain the Judges would NO this, but keep on working at it, its a promising mix for sure.

I've been browsing this forum now for quite a bit, but I never posted anything, so here goes my first post ;)

Seeing CC as a (literally) life changing game for me, I cried when I listened to this variation of those songs. I really really liked it, this remix so awesome, I had to grab it right away. I really hope it gets accepted. :nicework:

• 6 months later...

Seeing how I have a bit more free time now that I've cleared the exams for this semester, I've decided to go back to some of my older tracks and rework them, starting from this one.

I've subbed this twice, around October last year if I remember correctly. Was turned down by the judges both times, mostly because of production issues, but luckily OA offered his help and gave me some directions for improving it.

stats.png

So basically, all that's the same is the structure - I've changed all synths/samples, added some extra ones etc etc.

I really plan on resubmitting this one, so I look forward to any feedback/criticism, especially regarding any details I might add or might have missed.

I can't say too much about the production issues, because I don't hear any (but since I'm a noob, this doesn't have to say much). Concerning the synths, I'm not sure if I like the main synth better than the last one, but all synths summed up are even better than last time. The arrangement has more variations as well.

Again, I really really like it.

BTW, I was in a really bad mood when I woke up this morning, and this cheered me up a bit

• 1 month later...

Mod Review

hey this is pretty cool. loving the style adaption as I said before. I'm a little concerned the production would be a deal breaker here tho, the drums sound a little muffled and the things are a little overcompressed, the kick particularly so. Add on minor mixing issues - the drums get lost in busy sections, the lead at 1:00 is too loud and too dry. That guitar is sweet tho (ironically, a little too wet in reverb, but its mildly so)

Its not quite there I think, but its close. Keep working at it and you'll get front page i'm sure :)

(not a full mod rev, just adding to what WIll said)

Yeah, too loud, which means you can safely ease up on the compression and not worry about it getting too soft. I think the drums could be a little louder in the mix, so if you bring things down on in the output phase you can raise the drums a little. That should make them stand out a little better.

I like it. :D