Pokémon RSE Legendary Battle ReMix

Ok, my first impression is that this is WAY quite. I pretty much can't hear anything that's going on in the intro - I want to turn the volume way up but I know it's already pretty high...So I fast forward around to see if it's just the intro, then I hear the sub bass that's in the other sections - That bass is WAY intense in the low end, and I'm glad I didn't turn the volume up :/

So my first advice would be to tone that bass down and bring everything else up to meet it. I can't comment on the arrangement at all until I can hear it :P

I really like the feel of this track, i mean i REALLY like it, it's kinda neo-futuristic, but retro at the same time.

I'm a really big Pokémon fan but this is not one of my favourite source tracks, however i do approve of this remix haha.

I love the Lunar Knights-esque breakbeats at around 1:50.

But the levels.. :| The levels need sorting, it felt like there was no lead, like it was building up to something that never happened.

Nice track though :)

I really like the feel of this track, i mean i REALLY like it, it's kinda neo-futuristic, but retro at the same time.

I'm a really big Pokémon fan but this is not one of my favourite source tracks, however i do approve of this remix haha.

I love the Lunar Knights-esque breakbeats at around 1:50.

But the levels.. :| The levels need sorting, it felt like there was no lead, like it was building up to something that never happened.

Nice track though :)

Haha as addressed previously, I am working on those levels, along with a few other things as well. :) Stay tuned!

Ok, my first impression is that this is WAY quite. I pretty much can't hear anything that's going on in the intro - I want to turn the volume way up but I know it's already pretty high...So I fast forward around to see if it's just the intro, then I hear the sub bass that's in the other sections - That bass is WAY intense in the low end, and I'm glad I didn't turn the volume up :/

So my first advice would be to tone that bass down and bring everything else up to meet it. I can't comment on the arrangement at all until I can hear it :P

You can hear it if you're on headphones. :) There's kind of a phaser effect throughout the quiet section, and some low pads. Then there's an oscillating 8-bit synth.

The bass that comes in IS quite high, though. Lower that to about 60% its original, and pump up the other stuff. Bass shouldn't be overwhelming.

You can hear it if you're on headphones. :) There's kind of a phaser effect throughout the quiet section, and some low pads. Then there's an oscillating 8-bit synth.

The bass that comes in IS quite high, though. Lower that to about 60% its original, and pump up the other stuff. Bass shouldn't be overwhelming.

Just realized that not everyone uses headphones......why not? They catch so much more detail. That's what all of my remixes are optimized for, headphones.

From a leveling standpoint, I would definitely bring down the bass, and up everything else. It's hard to hear everything else behind the bass, which is pretty overpowering. I know you like a powerful bass, but aren't you using earbuds? Those take away a lot of bass. On my AKG K240s, which are very well balanced, the bass is WAY loud.

The arrangement is pretty top notch here imo. Keep up the good work in that respect :D

Not to shoot you down in flames >< But i have a pretty good set of headphones and the levels were still an issue :(

Don't get me wrong it's still an awesome track :)

Not to shoot you down in flames >< But i have a pretty good set of headphones and the levels were still an issue :(

Don't get me wrong it's still an awesome track :)

Naw dude don't worry I understand. Like I said, working on the levels. It happened in compression when it went to iTunes that the track got quieter, but still gotta tweak everything else to get the levels right. Workin on it :)

I have good headphones and I'll just say that it sounds really awesome to me. Almost every other piece of music uses the same frequency balance, so this feels very fresh. I've never heard anything like this before, I always just assumed one couldn't make it sound good if it doesn't use the conventional frequency balance, but you just proved me wrong, I'm impressed.

I'm not at home right now so I can't try it on speakers, but from what others said, I guess it doesn't really work there, which is a real shame. Also, it seems this kind of balance isn't everyone's cup of tea, so that might give you a bit of trouble with the judges.

Now, the funny thing is, I'm not a big fan of most Pokémon battle themes (they're usually somewhat dissonant and don't feature any catchy melodies), and this one is no exception. The arrangement is definitely an improvement on the source, but you've mostly won me over with soundscape rather than melody, which happens very rarely for me, kudos to you there.

I really hope you can maintain some of that impressive low-end in future versions without turning too many people off, because I really like it that way. :)

Alright, I just got home and tried this on my speakers, and, believe it or not, playing the thing made the Super Smash Bros. Melee box fall out of the shelf because of all the rumbling going on. :mrgreen:

I have to say that it sounds pretty horrible, but that's at least in part because my speaker setup is kind of crappy. My room is pretty small and the subwoofer sits on some shelf so there are all kinds of things to resonate with at the right frequencies. That means certain frequencies in the bass region will sound really loud compared to others, which causes some parts of this track to shake the whole room while others are barely audible. I'm curious how this sounds on better speaker setups.

Anyways, sorry for the double-post, I just wanted to share this funny story with you guys. And it still sounds awesome on headphones.

Oh, one more thing, I found a few other very bass-heavy tracks that somehow manage to sound good even on my speakers. I can't really tell why, though, maybe the frequencies aren't quite that low, or maybe it just doesn't hit the resonating ones by pure chance. I don't know, maybe you can figure it out and borrow some tricks from them: http://www.jorisdeman.com/pro_nplus.html. The bass in these is a little different than the one in your arrangement, but I like them both, in their own way.

So glad I bough a subwoofer.

My first impression is I've never heard anything quite like it. I like it a lot.

At 1:40, the tempo increases and I don't find this necessary. It's still a good song, but I think the song would retain its great uniqueness if you held the original tempo throughout the rest of the song (or at least *most* of it). But hey, you can't please everybody. Real good, keep it up!