Sky Peak Forest Remaster

Algamest

This is a remix of a track from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2.

I'd just like to note that there is no existing midi for this, and this is all done completely from scratch (Just don't like getting accused of using midi's when i haven't lol)

This was such a fun track to do and i'll admit this is like, 75% source but it's a remix nonetheless, and it's so bouncy! Please enjoy :)

Let me start by saying that I don't really like this source and since this is a pretty conservative arrangement, that probably makes me like this less than I usually would.

That said, I dig the parts you added, they almost have a bit of a celtic feel to them. They definitely fit in well, too.

There isn't a whole lot going on in the bass part of the frequency spectrum, and the percussion is a little quiet, too, but maybe that was intended.

Thank you very much for the feedback :D I understand if you're not a fan of the song in general, but i'm thrilled you got the celtic vibe, that's exactly what i was going for. I'll make sure to turn the drums up a bit :)

I know it's all a bit conservative, i just wanted it to be a bit of fun ^^

Thank you for commenting even though you don't like the source :)

I'll be honest here, aside from I believe about 1 track (the ice berg peak one), I never really liked the music added to sky. Not as much as I like the original songs.

But fortunately, this particular source isn't so bad, and I like this mix a lot. It certainly is conservative, but it's still good. I was going to comment mostly on arrangement this post, but all I can say is that it's very solid.

The string, flute, pretty much everything sound very good together. The original parts are very cool, how you mix up both of leads - I love that. Speeding up things was a good call.

The percussion could use a bit of work, though. It might either be because it's soft or maybe it's a little repetitive, I don't know. It just doesn't sound like it's helping out the mix that much, though. Try humanizing it a little more.

Very good job on this!

Why don't I remember this dungeon? Oh. It's from Sky. >_> I didn't play Sky because it was essentially a Platinum of Mystery Dungeon. D<

What I would suggest is making your volumes throughout dynamic. The parts where the flute plays the same note many times (such as 1:10 is a bit repetitive when it's played at the same volume each time.

Also, the drums should be more humanized. If they sound like the person's arms aren't getting tired, then it's not realistic. xD

For some reason I think this ocremix would be a good match for you to aim for in quality.

Why don't I remember this dungeon? Oh. It's from Sky. >_> I didn't play Sky because it was essentially a Platinum of Mystery Dungeon. D<

What I would suggest is making your volumes throughout dynamic. The parts where the flute plays the same note many times (such as 1:18) is a bit repetitive when it's played at the same volume each time.

Also, the drums should be more humanized. If they sound like the person's arms aren't getting tired, then it's not realistic. xD

For some reason I think this ocremix would be a good match for you to aim for in quality.

Ahh thank you i shall study this intensively :)

I will say though i have since reuploaded this to youtube with a little work having been done on the drums, i was hoping this thread would die so i could repost it. The term 'remaster' oesn't even stand anymore, that was just my intention when i posted a while ago :P