OCR02282 - NiGHTS into dreams... "Celestial Entrance"

djpretzel

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Brandon, let me revive one of your review threads just in time for Christmas. ^_^

See, this is the result of constantly pushing through to make sure a track sees the light of day. With some pretty guitar playing on your end and some well-filtered synth writing and bit-crushed additions throughout, it can be seen as a great outing for both of you. I have to say it kinda dragged a bit in comparison to "The Last Schala Mix Ever", but that can be down to the source tune as well - difficult to do anything with something less than 15 seconds long, so mad props there.

I may have to say though to watch your timing sometimes. You do keep telling me that I have to be realistic even with percussion synching, but on your end it does get awkward with stuff like the coffee can (?) being slightly behind the synth in the intro. But with all the tracks you've been working on lately, I'm sensing that you're steadily working on those improvements and are pushing them up tenfold with newer material.

Once again, a solid effort from you two! And let's not let the 'Strhalc' movement die off any time soon :)

Oh, I remember the WIP for this... a while back, so that's actually no help at all. :razz:

Anyways, Brandon Strader is secretly becoming one of my new favorite ReMixers, and this ReMix is no exception. Relaxing and soothing, this one would have fit right in with Lucid Dreaming, and I consider it an unofficial addition that really helps me sleep at night.

Man, this mix sure got neglected.

It's a nice chill mix that you can zone out to. The guitar is a nice touch to the song, as well as the chiptunes that Drew so loves to add. The song somehow just feels so short, but part of that might be how well the atmosphere is nailed here. I do think I would like to see a little more though.

So chill......kinda sounds like a lullaby in some areas. It's got an airy sleepy quality that just makes me want to relax and space out to. It's really cool to hear the chiptune style of halc matched up with Brandon's guitars, and it sounds completely unique. Pretty good.

Right at the beginning, it sets the somewhat quiet, somewhat reserved theme. Love the blend of hip-hop drums and spacey synth sounds. This seems to biologically calm me down, as it released the tension I have form sitting in this crappy computer chair. Overall, great, and I hope to see more of Brandon Strade and halc's work.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, I practically worship anything that Brandon puts out. So I might have a bit bias towards it being good.

Let me start off by saying that this is very different for Brandon's style.

Halc pulls some really warm synths out from under his belt. They make me feel calm.

The calmness is only helped by Brandon's guitar. When Halc brings out his awesome synth lead, it contrasts.

But as contrasting as it is, I still feel calm.

This mix is great to chill to. 'Nuff said.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02282 - NiGHTS into dreams... "Celestial Entrance"