OCR01350 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Memories Frozen in Time"

I really like the mellow feel to this - gets me to just drift off mentally and enjoy the piece on a whole other level.

I'm not sure if it's due to the source or arrangement (most likely both) but I found myself humming little phrases from the melody and bassline as I was walking from class to class yesterday. Also, I just find the structure of the song helps with the flow of pictures in my head - in short, this would have a really touching music video if there was one.

I found this after looking for Hip-Hop on the site and to find one of this quality is pretty damn cool and satisfying. The break/switch-up at about 2:38 came a touch too suddenly for me but once I got over that, it sounds beautiful and keeps things fresh.

The lyrical content is inspirational, I find that whether it's relational or not is secondary to being able to provide the listener with a window into the rapper's world, which was done really well. Without rambling on for too long, this had me thinking about quite a lot of things - some superficial, others personal. Thanks.

The ending with the distorted vocal clips just gets me every time I listen to this, just adds a nice aesthetic to it that I like.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just went through all 11 pages to see if I'd left a comment for this track; I could have sword I had, but I guess not.

I really dig this track. I'm not really into the gangsta-rap side of hip hop, but this on the other hand, I can listen to this stuff on repeat for a while. The lyrics are inspiring (and I thought they were well written/performed/recorded), and the groove is soothing. Excellent work, guys!

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01350 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Memories Frozen in Time"
  • 6 years later...

Not that anyone else is likely to see this, but I figure DCT might see it and get a kick out of it: a random French hip-hop group made a track in 2004 that sounds identical, so I put them together. ::D  (Originally in 2011, but I cleaned up a bunch of stuff. Plus in 2011 we didn't know about Hard Times.