OCR02454 - *YES* Final Fantasy 'Fierce Fairground Fight' *RESUB*

OceansAndrew

Contact Information

• Your ReMixer name: blackguitar

• Your userid (number, not name) on our forums, found by viewing your forum profile: 30704, Artist ID: 5877

Submission Information

• Name of game(s) arranged: Final Fantasy 1 (NES)

• Name of individual song(s) arranged: "Shop Theme", "Floating Castle", "Menu Screen"

• Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site):

• Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.:

When Brandon asked me to collaborate on his FF1 project, i was happy to help because i fell in love with the series' music nearly twenty years ago. To rework their musical roots means much to me. since nearly all tracks were taken when i entered the project, i decided to make a medley from 3 remaining pieces that, in my opinion, fit perfectly together (with a little harmonic change here and there). The project goal was to recreate the music in a progressive-rock-metal-fashion, and a dark mood suited perfectly for me, so i modulated two songs to minor. the evil "Floating Castle" didn't need a change, it sounded genuine metal from the beginning. The funny "Shop Theme" sounds like a fairground organ piece to me, thus, i chose that instrument and also named the whole remix: "Fierce Fairground Fight". Hope you like it!

Brandon asked me to make a breakdown when i submit this so here it is.

0:00-0:10 Intro (Original)

0:10-0:18 "Shop Theme"

0:18-0:55 "Shop Theme" (minor)

0:55-1:34 "Floating Castle"

1:34-1:58 Transition (loosely based on "Menu Screen" (minor))

1:58-2:34 "Menu Screen" (minor)

2:34-2:44 Intro (Original) + Transition

2:44-3:31 "Shop Theme" + "Floating Castle" mixed

3:07-3:31 Solo ("Shop Theme"-harmonies)

3:31-3:43 Transition

3:43-5:39 Outro (loosely based on "Menu Screen" (minor))

This is a project track (Brandon Strader's FF1-Project)

EDIT: Resubmitted this on OA's advice to soften the brickwall-limiter. hope its ok now...

EDIT #2: Man, this mix went to hell and back. It’s the second RESUB, i really pray for it to be accepted. Big credits go to Sascha Stange @ Razorblade Records. He mixed and mastered this and he did an incredible job, thank you, man!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...