Your ReMixer name: Artem Bank

Your real name: Artem Bank

Your website: http://abankmusic.com

Your userid: http://ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=25987

Name of game(s) arranged: Wild Arms

Name of arrangement: East Meets Western

Name of individual song(s) arranged: WILD ARMS

Your own comments about the mix:

I was having so much fun doing other songs on the project I decided to jump onto this song with about three weeks left in the project. Since the source is only about 25 seconds long (I think it's the main menu intro, but I've never played the game), I decided to do a lot with the very last arpeggiated guitar chord, and turn that into a good chunk of the song - it just sounded so interesting to me. The trumpet lines were turned into what the piano plays, and the hits are there with the guitar strikes in the middle section. The synth even does the melody line through it, but expanded upon.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p429qEwx5p4

• 2 weeks later...

At first this felt like a Frankenstein track to me, where there were recognizable bits of the song sewn together, but the more I listened, the more I understood the source use. I don't think the middle synth lead quite fits, but overall the guitar/piano interplay is very nice, and the soundscape feels expansive. Definitely not how i'd envision the source to be dealt with, but it's really nice. The track length is about right, and there is agood progression and flow. This one really won me over, nice work. :-)

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

I really like how this plays with your sense of the time signature before it settles in. It's a disconcerting feeling, but at the same time you have a sense of adventure in it, wanting to know what's going to come next and hit solid ground. I can kind of agree with Andrew on the middle synth, but I'm not as bothered by it.

This was a unique take on a short source, I think people's mileage will vary with the mix, but I'm sold on it.

YES

• 1 month later...

This mix is a nice way of really evolving your subdued, understated rock style that you've been building for yourself around here. The heavy ambiance and synth work definitely complements your traditional guitar work. Listening to the source, this direction is even more unexpected but I'm pretty sure I've wrapped my head around how you used it.

Very unexpected style, given the source material, but I'm enjoying this a lot :-) Good job dude.

YES

• 1 month later...

Wow, very creative take on a difficult source. I'd actually originally claimed this track as Jade wanted an orchestral take on it - but a few more listens to it made me think better of attempting to bring anything close to improving the OST.

I just judged another track of yours and I must say I really like your use of reverb to give some spaciousness to your acoustic playing. The guitar performance is, simply put, solid. Nice use of effects to give the track a mysterious feel, making the listener want to hear more. Definitely moody in a very good way.

Middle section shifts gears into a higher energy mode. It definitely felt more experimental with the glitched piano and other synthetic elements mixed with the acoustic guitar/drums. While unconventional, I still feel like it works. The lead synth did feel like it stuck out over everything. I think some reverb treatment would've pushed it back enough to blend better with the other elements.

Being familiar with the source, the connections were pretty apparent to me. It's such a short tune, and pretty intricate in a sense, that I don't blame you for taking specific snippets of it and fleshing them out, rather than a more holistic approach. Again, you were very creative with the material and presented it well throughout the mix. Love it.

Yes