OCR00532 - Valis III "Sword Evolution (Starlight)"

orkybash

Valis III 'Sword Evolution (Starlight)'

What's here sounds great, although the lead is maybe overpowered a little by the synth thingys. The problem with this mix is that it feels incomplete, like a demo for some larger mix that only has the intro, then is over before you know it. While some mixes can get away with being only about a minute, this one can't, making it, sorry to say, entirely forgettable.

• 7 months later...

Nice work. My main problem with this is that it's too short. It is hard to beat the original, but that is not the fault of the mixer. Seriously, make more from this series. If you've never heard music from this series, then you have no alternative but to get this. Overall, cool. Looking forward to hearing more from VotF.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This mix stopped before it even got off the ground; it was way too short.

A shame too, since it was sounding really good. Though I'm not sure about the lofi synth arpeggios, the rest of the track is great, with a calm melody and subtle percussion touches.

It really reminds me of lunar or a similar RPG soundtrack, and it makes me kindof sad something like this that could be so good got cut so short.

• 11 months later...

Wow, this is really pretty! I'm definately keeping this.

Everyone's said it, waaaayyy too short! There could be so much more expansion on the theme, rather than a one time run-through. I don't know the original, so I don't know what's been done, but a second and third run through would have been appreciated by me.

• 1 year later...

I agree with that it is too short, for one.

For me, the driving synths in the background seem really out of place here.

It seems like it is trying to be techno and easy listening at the same time, which is is a little strange.

But it is an interesting track nonetheless.

It keeps reminding me of Final Fantasy for some reason.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00532 - Valis III "Sword Evolution (Starlight)"