Photo

Acoustica Mixcraft 6 Help and Discussion thread - Mixcraft 6 Released!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Anorax

Anorax

Knuckles (+2500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,566 posts
  • LocationCullowhere?, NC

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:57 AM

MIXCRAFT 6 IS OUT

I know that there are some people who use Acoustica Mixcraft 5 or 6, so I wanted to post this thread as a MX5 help thread, or a thread for general discussion.

If you use Mixcraft 5 or higher and need help, just ask.
If you use Mixcraft 5+ and can answer anyone's questions, or just want to give general pointers, feel free to do so.

Cheers,

~Anorax

Edited by Anorax, 05 June 2012 - 12:46 PM.

#2 Trinity Dragon

Trinity Dragon

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:39 AM

Tried, it. Liked it. Seems like its a user-friendly version of FLStudio. Not to mention not as huge a program to run. Great for people with dinosaur computers like me. Still new to it, though, and still learning the ins and outs.

#3 Anorax

Anorax

Knuckles (+2500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:22 AM

Heh. Forgot about this thread...

yeah, it's a great program until the Trial period runs out :-D

In all seriousness, it's good. The only thing I noticed lately is that my audio out changed from WaveRT to Wave, although I'm pretty sure I caused that somehow...

sigma-fortress-artist-anorax.png

Facebook | SoundCloud | Nintendo ID: Anorax

#4 mickomoo

mickomoo

Phoenix Wright (+1100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • LocationNeither Here Nor There... (Roaming, CA)

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:56 AM

The WaveRT change happened to me randomly. I think its a memory issue, either that or I have no idea what I'm talking about lol

#5 Anorax

Anorax

Knuckles (+2500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:44 PM

Necrobump

for those who use Mixcraft, just wanted to let you guys know that Mixcraft 6 is out to the public.

http://www.acoustica...craft/index.htm

#6 mickomoo

mickomoo

Phoenix Wright (+1100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

For other mixcraft users, what kind of music do you compose? I've only found it to be so-so for my purposes, I've been using kontakt vsts and the program crashes after 6-12 tracks, and I was thinking of getting even higher quality vsts so I'm feeling like I'm going to have to leave mixcraft behind, though I haven't quite outgrown its ease of use...

#7 Pl511

Pl511

Mudkip (+150)

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

Holy shit. XD I just downloaded the demo and this thing is frikking awesome. Mixcraft 5 is just blown away by this. Humanisation, duration, offset, SO MANY OPTIONS THAT MIXCRAFT 5 NEEDED. This is an instant buy for me. Because I have AM5, I can get it for like a third of the price. :D I am happy today.

#8 Anorax

Anorax

Knuckles (+2500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:45 AM

For other mixcraft users, what kind of music do you compose? I've only found it to be so-so for my purposes, I've been using kontakt vsts and the program crashes after 6-12 tracks, and I was thinking of getting even higher quality vsts so I'm feeling like I'm going to have to leave mixcraft behind, though I haven't quite outgrown its ease of use...

Ctrl+F my friend :P

I've recently have been doing more electronic-centric music, which I have some stuff (mostly WIPs and stuff) on my soundcloud in my sig.

However, I do like the ease of use that comes with recording audio. I find the process simple and painless, and with the new multi-lane system, I can get multiple takes at once, instead of the old stop-and-add-new-lane-and-start-again method.

Holy shit. XD I just downloaded the demo and this thing is frikking awesome. Mixcraft 5 is just blown away by this. Humanisation, duration, offset, SO MANY OPTIONS THAT MIXCRAFT 5 NEEDED. This is an instant buy for me. Because I have AM5, I can get it for like a third of the price. :D I am happy today.

Dude, I am loving MX6 soo much. because I have it on my laptop, I don't always have a MIDI keyboard with me, and the on-screen keyboard now works regardless of whether or not your mouse is focused in a VST window or not, that was a big problem for me in MX5.

Along with the multi-lane system, which also works for midi. If I want, I can record my midi, then open up another lane (ctrl+L for new lane, ctrl+K to close empty lanes) and do all my MIDI automation there. Mixcraft reads both tracks at once, so my automation matches with my MIDI. Plus, I can drag the same automation pattern to match a different MIDI note pattern. It's great!

#9 mickomoo

mickomoo

Phoenix Wright (+1100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

Yeah I like the ease of use for audio recording and plug-in usage, but this is starting to seem to be not the best option in terms of vst recording and midi editing, not that it's bad but I need something more optimal. I'm going to get EWQL symphonic orchestra soon and it's starting to seem that I might need something a bit better than mixcraft

#10 Anorax

Anorax

Knuckles (+2500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

what kind of music do you compose mickomoo?

#11 mickomoo

mickomoo

Phoenix Wright (+1100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

horrible attempts at video game, jazz, and film music, mostly using orchestral and acoustic vsts lol

#12 Anorax

Anorax

Knuckles (+2500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

horrible attempts at video game, jazz, and film music, mostly using orchestral and acoustic vsts lol

actually, there's a demo project that came with MX6 that shows off Mixcaft's more orchestral abilities.
I believe it's called Callisteia.
32bit
file:///C:/Program Files/Acoustica Mixcraft 6/Example Projects/Callisteia.mx6
64bit
file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Acoustica Mixcraft 6/Example Projects/Callisteia.mx6

#13 mickomoo

mickomoo

Phoenix Wright (+1100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

I've been too lazy to upgrade, or pay the 20 for the upgrade. I just got a desk though so within 2 weeks I'll start making music again.

#14 Anorax

Anorax

Knuckles (+2500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Well, here's a six-month bump.

Apparently, Acoustica is now working on Mixcraft 7. They are apparently in the design stage now, and there's a feature request thread open for MX7.

So, if there's anything you wished MX7 could do that it currently doesn't, that's the place to post about it.

MX7 Feature Request/Suggestion Thread here.

I'm honestly excited to see what they come up with for MX7, although I'm sure it'll take some time before they're ready for the beta.

#15 mickomoo

mickomoo

Phoenix Wright (+1100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

the program already has everything I need it seems lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums