Mega Man: The Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet 2011

DarkeSword

Given that you guys wanted to be The Amp Men at first, I can now understand the relevance.

Though, just watch Capcom actually designing a robot master named Amp Man for Mega Man 11. :razz:

Well.. while we wait on Mega Man 11 and Amp Man's debut, here's a fan game interpretation of Amp Man's theme.

And you guys have some interesting names for your mixes...

I just kept my first project name... and didn't even think to change it when I added the second half of the song on Friday night. :(

I'm certainly looking forward to hearing what y'all came up with!

Given that you guys wanted to be The Amp Men at first, I can now understand the relevance.

Though, just watch Capcom actually designing a robot master named Amp Man for Mega Man 11. :razz:

Yep! Kinda surprising there wasn't one already!

Well.. while we wait on Mega Man 11 and Amp Man's debut, here's a fan game interpretation of Amp Man's theme.

What, someone beat us to the punch!?! Blasphemy!

My mom still does my laundry

suckaaaaaaaaaas

You still live with your mom

suckaaaaaaaaaa

Also - can't wait to listen. Sounds like a lot of people think pretty highly of their work, and, here, that's rarely a bad thing.

Also, mad props to Mr. L, who single-handedly came through for Energy Tank. Between [insert lame excuse here] and [insert moderately legitimate excuse here], I was unable to contribute, but he came through with some major progress on the tail end of the week.

Magnus Divinicus Chiptunicus: I love the arrangement a LOT. production issues at certain points, most likely due to reverb and EQ in the midrange? really really loved the bass presence, though

Shinespark Glacier (sounds like a diddy kong racing level): caught that snake man quote! :D this one's not perfect, but when it manages to lock in melodically it's quite pleasant.

When Robots Collide: zomfg TRUMPET so awesome. soooooo awwweeesossommmmeeee oh goddddd I'm pissing myself ok, killer arrangement here. although I have this on max volume, and I still want more punch and presence from the bass and drums, and less trumpet domiation (even though I'm a former trumpeter). that's my one gripe, but I consider it substantial

REVENGE OF ZOMBIE BUBBLEMAN: let me assure you, my neighbors know every bassline of this song by heart

Amp: gay

From the East: racist

Sweet Wet Nectar: inappropriate

In the reading of-- fuck off willrock I'm not typing that shit.

just kidding. Amp: production is good, although I think many of the leads could be turned down a bit. the high-mid range is hurting my ears a little bit at times. I think I want more bass, but that may just be my bass addiction talking. arrangement is very......... correct. ;D It's growing on me, especially the way you've woven in some poppy little bits. this pleases me.

from the east: the transition is totally abrupt, and not really in a good way!~ specifically, note choices and melodic direction in the second half end up weighing it down significantly. production on both halves is pretty damn good, but the first half definitely has the edge on execution. props on getting something finished though! up on that teamwork shit :D

sweet wet nectar: love the cheese factor. bright and clear production... solid arrangement down to every note! I want more bass. just sayin. guitar work is great, I just really like the whole vibe of this song. I feel like it kinda starts to come loose there at the end, but that sweet wet nectar's gotta come from somewhere OH GOD

WillRock and Halc in The Uncommonly Annoying Astro-Title: rock solid production throughout, but I do think the overall EQ gets a bit too bright for my tastes in the last 1:20 or so. love the halc influence in the beginning. really creates that 'atmospheric shite' well. arrangment is typical willrock: PERFECT. *jealousface* ;]

whew. gonna decide now

sweet wet nectar: love the cheese factor. bright and clear production... solid arrangement down to every note! I want more bass. just sayin. guitar work is great, I just really like the whole vibe of this song. I feel like it kinda starts to come loose there at the end, but that sweet wet nectar's gotta come from somewhere OH GOD

Ben, you just topped Ecto's "mis-heard Earthbound cameo" feedback with that as the best critique we Bad Guy Robots got in this entire compo. :lol:

I have to say that phonetic hero's arrangement was so unique and grew on me so well with repeat listens, he takes the first place spot.

Good choice sir! Pete did a great job on the song. It progressed so much from some of the early versions I heard. Ad did a great job mixing everything last last minute too!

And yeah I second the feeling that this round was an extremely solid round. Very hard choices! Here are some of my thoughts:

Sweet Wet Nectar: Sweet wet awesomeness is more like it. Not much else to say other than I love this song. It sounds like it was produced with killer studio chops. Everything is so crisp & clear, really stellar work. Great sound atmosphere, lots of cool synth, guitar, and piano work throughout (it made it really easy to guess who did what :smile:). The song went on a bit longer than it probably needed to, but I didn't mind. Great team effort! I didn't hear Schala in here though, was it joke or did I miss it? #2!

All your base r belong to Willrock: Not even gonna type that whole thing. Interesting vibe to this song. The intro does remind me a lot of halc's original stuff and the Willrockyness kicks in mid-way. A very cool arrangement and a fun song overall. Production is spot on, as we've come to expect from Will! Unfortunately it just missed out on my vote :sad: too many other amazing songs this round!

Magnus Divinicus Chiptunicus: Gario, you have outdone yourself. This is possibly one of my favorite songs ever. Ever ever. Amazing job blending the themes (although I primarily hear Magnet Man & MM3 Wily, although that could admittedly be that I don't know Dust Man or Blizzard Man as well). The Schala bit was genius. I loved it and it fit perfectly, especially when it transformed into Magnet Man at the end of the phrase. If this is the "flawed" version, I can't wait to hear the version you cleaned up. #1.

Shinespark Glacier: Another chill song from Mr. L! I like how you incorporated more synth elements later in the song, instead of just sticking with the piano like you have in some of your other songs. I love the vibe to the song, and you did a pretty good job working with each theme. You've made great progress through this compo, you should be proud!

When Robots Collide!!!: Awesome trumpet man! In fact each of the "solo" sections are pretty well done. The arrangement is friggen' sweet too! My only major complaint is the volume is sooooo low and the mixing overall sounds a bit muddy. The quality of the arrangement and solos deserve to be heard in all their glory! If you have time it'd be great to work on the production a bit more, otherwise this is an amazing song! Nice work!

Bubble Man's Requiem: Funny story, Requiem is a damn hard word to pronounce correctly, so I want to call this song Bubble Man's Rectum instead, but that would be entirely inappropriate and childish of me. And that's really gross. Anyway, onto the song itself, I love it! I love the groove and instrumentation choices. Very upbeat and chippy :smile: The Bubble Man hook that repeats throughout was a great way to kind of tie everything together, nice work. I think I'm missing the Labyrinth Zone reference though. I keep listening for and I can't find it? Regardless #3!

Amp: We rock. Hard.

From the East: This sounds like two very different songs, but I understand you guys didn't have much time to throw anything together, which is a shame. The beginning part by Jake is a really cool chillout atmosphere, I love it. Definitely a different take on the theme. The Crash Man part by Chern is particularly quirky and has some really cool instrumentation to it! Overall I really like both parts, good work on doing what you guys could!

This compo has been a blast! Good work everyone and thanks for the 105 Mega Man Remixes! :mrgreen: