"Storm's Calling" - Song of Storms Piano Arrangement

MeMark2

Title: Storm's Calling

Game: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Source: Song of Storms

Hi, so, it's my first time posting a song on this site and the other solo piano arrangements I've seen on this site seem much better than mine to me, so I'm kind of nervous.

So, here it is:

and here:

%20-%20Jorge%20Ramirez%20-%20Storm's%20Calling.mp3"]http://tindeck.com/download/f8d086eb0dadd3745cb7c6dfa027fd89/tnit/[tindeck.com]%20-%20Jorge%20Ramirez%20-%20Storm's%20Calling.mp3

My biggest concern for this is the structure of the arrangement. I'm afraid the arrangement may not be interesting enough, so I would really appreciate some feedback in that regard.

I'm already aware of a few of the things I need to fix when it comes to the performance, however I would still like some input in that regard as well.

Anything else that you can tell me would also be appreciated.

WOW that's gorgeous and so moody! LOVE it!

What about adding some strings coming in around 1:30?

And maybe a gentle, filtered drum pattern coming in around 1:50 and fading out at 2:10? Something as simple as just a brush pattern?

Strings again at 3:50, or some moody solo string instrument to accompany you?

It's a tad repetitive... but really gorgeous. What about some different chord progressions?

My friend and I have done a SoS remix, see the post below called "A Stormy Affair." We are still soliciting feedback on it, before mod review and submission!

Jumping an octave up or down can add some variation to the parts that are otherwise mostly predictable retreads of the least interesting parts of an over-mixed source. Most of the track avoids that pitfall, tho. II's a nice, emotive, elaborate... thing. I was zoning out a bit after 3 minutes, but the 4:00 stuff quickly won me back. The stuff approach 5:00 feels more like improvisation on the backing rhythm. That part could be closer to source, in whatever mode you might wanna use for that.

The arrangement is interesting enough, but like a lot of ppl new to how ocr wants its mixes, you're either sticking close to source or deviating far. Cutting it shorter would probably help keep ppl from skipping to next after half the track, or you can just add more variations of the melody to it. It's a very distinct melody, both in pitch and in rhythm, so you can (as you have done) do a lot with it and still have it feel like just another take on the same familiar melody.

So yeah. Nice track, good luck with it. :)