Enter the Jungle (By Any Means Necessary) - Snake's Revenge remix

Jamphibious

Here's a song I did for a PRC a few months back. I just sort of forgot about it after the contest, but I did win with it and I thought there were some good ideas here, so I figured I'd revisit it. As far as the arrangement goes, I'm pretty set on the way its laid out, though suggestions are welcome. I'm particularly fond of the ending where it slows down. However, production wise I'm looking for some advice and / or pointers.

I like the rhythm guitar, but the lead guitar tone seems pretty off, especially on some of the higher notes. Could be an issue with either the Guitar Rig setup I used, the EQ, or both. If anyone out there who uses Guitar Rig 4 has some ideas that would be lovely. Or anyone who generally has some know-how about EQing lead guitars in a rock context, your help would also be appreciated. The lead guitar is a bit muddy in some spots also, so I will no doubt re-record it all once I decide on a more suitable tone.

The drums seem pretty punchy, but I'm pretty new to mixing drums so I'm sure there are some issues there as well. Also they could maybe be humanized more, though I do like how they sound currently. Still, I'm no pro so let me know what you think.

I do like the synth sounds, but there could be some issues with the mixing, or perhaps some better sounding patches I could be using. So let me know what you think of those too.

The transition into the piano bridge also might be a problem spot, I'm not sure. Keeping the synth sustained over into it seems to work well enough, but maybe something more could be done?

So yeah, overall I'd like some feedback on this. As one of the first full remixes I've completed, as well as one of the first rocky songs I've attempted in FL Studio, I'm pretty happy with it, but its far from perfect so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Link:

http://soundcloud.com/jordan-reed/amphibious-enter-the-jungle-by

*EDIT:

Oh gosh. SOURCE TUNE HERE: