Album Project: Secret of Mana

Bahamut

Hey,

So I've kept this on the lowdown for a while, but I'd like to recruit some fresh blood & give people an opportunity to contribute to what is undoubtedly a popular soundtrack. My plan is to divide the OST into four discs with most of the tracks covered, if not all, and with each disc having a theme, as explained below.

I won't be seeking approval for a while as per the rules (until I feel comfortable with the state of Lufia 2, which is looking good right now), although I would like to see this posted onto OCR. The goal is to release on August 6, 2013, the 20th anniversary of the game, although I will likely push it back to later in the year to ensure quality. To inquire about the state of tracks for interested claims, you can PM me and *should* get a response, although I can't predict the future.

The plan is as follows - I want to encourage unorthodox/creative arrangements in general. I fully support liberal style changes for this album as well, but no silly songs. Before starting on the track, clear with me how you would like to approach it, and of course give me an idea of the quality/direction to expect. Ultimately, I want the album to have an exotic, trippy, and schitzophrenic mood changes in atmosphere throughout. To give an example, the Secret of Mana+ album by Hiroki Kikuta (the original composer) would be an excellent barometer in many ways.

01 - Fear of the Heavens (claimed by Ergosonic)

02 - A Curious Tale (claimed by Hylian Lemon)

03 - Phantom and a Rose (claimed by zyko)

03 - Phantom and a Rose (claimed by pu_freak)

04 - Together Always (claimed by hakstock)

05 - Fond Memories (claimed by Prophecy)

06 - Into the Thick of it

07 - Color of the Summer Sky (claimed by Rexy)

08 - Dancing Animals (claimed by Guifrog)

09 - Distant Thunder (claimed by halc)

10 - The Little Sprite (claimed by Audio Fidelity)

11 - It Happened Late One Evening (claimed by Guifrog)

12 - In the Dead of the Night (claimed by tschiefer)

13 - Mystic Invasion (claimed by Ergosonic)

14 - Secret of the Arid Sands (claimed by Blue Magic)

15 - What the Forest Taught Me (claimed by Harmony)

16 - A Wish

17 - Spirit of the Night (claimed by Harmony)

18 - Did You See the Ocean (claimed by Ergosonic)

19 - Danger (claimed by ????)

20 - Calm Before the Storm (claimed by PabloComa)

21 - The Wind Never Ceases (claimed by Jakesnke17)

22 - Flight into the Unknown (claimed by mv)

23 - Eternal Recurrence (claimed by Lampje4life)

24 - The Legend (claimed by Devastus)

25 - A Bell is Tolling (claimed by Monobrow)

25 - A Bell is Tolling (claimed by Omni-Psyence)

26 - A Curious Happening (claimed by Metal Man)

27 - Monarch on the Shore

28 - The Dark Star (claimed by Darangen)

29 - Prophecy

30 - Steel and Snare (claimed by Ergosonic)

31 - Whisper and Mantra (claimed by pu_freak)

31 - Whisper and Mantra (claimed by Rockos)

32 - Ceremony (claimed by Radiowar)

33 - Morning is Here

34 - Leave Time for Love/40 - One of Them is Hope (medley) (claimed by Archangel)

35 - Still of the Night (claimed by Avaris)

37 - The Oracle (claimed by The Legendary Zoltan)

38 - A Conclusion (claimed by Brandon Strader)

39 - I Won't Forget

40 - One of Them is Hope (claimed by Guifrog)

41 - Meridian Dance (claimed by ????)

42 - Now Flightless Wings (claimed by Mikeaudio)

43 - The Second Truth From the Left (claimed by Sir Jordanius)

44 - I Closed My Eyes (claimed by Brandon Strader)

Project forums are located on KNGI

Edit: I know this list does not look pretty as typed when compared to the other one, but I will probably be arranging discs a lot differently with this new direction.

Edit #2: So I guess this got lost in translation - my main requirement is that songs have mood weighing heavily on the arrangement. The song doesn't have to necessarily fit some of those adjectives listed in the post.

Edited by Bahamut

I had previously wanted A Phantom and a Rose but it was taken, funny though, since it's opened up I think I will pass for now.

It's too bad Eternal Recurrence is reclaimed, because that's my absolute favorite. I also have an old WIP for that one too, but I'm gonna redo it someday regardless. Good luck Nutritious. :J

So anyway, Wes, I'd like to claim "A Bell is Tolling". The Ice Palace theme. I remixed it a long time ago and always wanted to rethink/redo what I did. Oh man, gonna love working on this.

I'm interested in helping out with the SoM project. I am a professional singer, with formal training in classical and pop singing, though I can sing any style other than screamo. I'm a Bass/Baritone.

Unfortunately, the only decent recordings of myself that I have are from a couple years ago, but my voice has matured a lot since then.

If anyone wants a vocalist, don't hesitate to hit me up.

I've had an idea for a long time, that might fit in what you have in mind for the first disc. I'd might send you a WIP of that at some point, you can let me know if there's room then.

I'll also see if we can do another collab with Pleiade - I think you've heard our Wild Arms track, do you think the style would be good for some specific disc?

I don't have much musicking time, but the deadline seems like it'd be far off enough. :)

--Eino