Sign in to follow this  
djpretzel

OCR02322 - Machinarium 'Smashinarium'

15 posts in this topic

Nice work man, good to see someone batting for the under-remixed team.

'Effing loved Machinarium, one of the best point-n-click games in a while, you pay homage perfectly. :D

1) Machinarium is awesome.

2) Remixing under-remixed games is awesome (we should start a club!)

3) This remix is awesome. Absolutely refined production, great arrangement, and just...very catchy. Nice work!

So, I noticed something cool about this song and the image of Nobuo on the front page.

LarryNobuoJimmy.gif

They sync with the bass beat pretty good.

That makes this remix awesomer.

Nice synthesis --

With soundtracks like this one, in which timbre and texture are central to the overall feel, it's difficult to pull off a remix that harkens back to the original. But you did a good job of choosing sounds that don't clash with the Machinarium feel. kudos

Haha, I was so excited to see a Machinarium remix up on here! I got the game awhile ago on my mac, and it is a great little game. I really like the feel of this track, it definitely captures the same dark feeling of the game.

DarkSim lays down some smooth untz here for our own good. I think the throaty mid-lows could have had the bass boosted some for good effect in the first half of the mix. Actually, a few areas in the song could have used some more bass to add more of an effect and help fill out the spectrum nicely.

The arrangement is solid here, I dig it quite a bit. With some production tweaks, this would be a great mix.

Man, that is a strong beat you have going on here. I love the little distorted organ, and it worked out very well in this ReMix. I almost imagine those clicks as skeleton bones clicking, considering how this has a Halloween or spooky feel to it. I haven't played this game myself, but from what I've heard, this would fit well. The whole track is darkly upbeat and is a perfect example of a great dance beat.