OCR02509 - *YES* NiGHTS into dreams... 'Lies Within Dreams'

OceansAndrew

I intended to submit this earlier, but it completely slipped my mind, and the project was released, so here we are now.

the info, I guess you already have most of this, but here goes:

Remixer name : LuIzA

Game: NiGHTs into Dreams

Song: Deep it lies

Title: Lies within dreams

comments:

When Stevo came to me about this track, I immediately fell in love with it. It instantly gave off this funky feeling with an exotic vibe to it, for some reason, it also immediately made me think, for some reason, of Aladdin.... I dunno why, maybe it was because of the main melody and its exoticness that suggested some sort of (middle-)eastern flair, that said, the whole song just begged for a Disney sized Hans Zimmer-ish superproduction treatment, so I gave my best shot. Guitars took a back seat and the rest was sequenced by mouse, I'm afraid I'm retarded with a MIDI keyboard. Thus my track was born and I had a blast making it, hope everyone enjoys it as much as I enjoyed making it. :)

Regards,

Luiza

Very cool take on the source, I like how the solos blend pretty seamlessly with the original source usage. Some awesome performances/writing, especially on the piano and guitar. The bagpipes didn't sit well with me when they took a role in the backing instrumentation, though I thought it was okay as a lead. Either way, it's a stylistic thing that I'm not sure I'd hold against Luiza here. The issue I had with the bass being missing is fortunately rectified here, so... sounds good to me! It's a little weird but it makes perfect sense for the source and definitely feels above the bar to me.

YES

Apologies (or not) to Stevo, but this source is not my cup of tea at all. I give Luiza a lot of credit for taking on such a beast, and I think she did a pretty good job with something so difficult. There's tons of personalization, and a lot of stylistic choices that are fun, even if they don't sit with my listening enjoyment. I think it's passable, and I'm all for giving it a yes, but I can't say this will stay in my personal library.

YES

What the hell is with the pads in the source? So freakin' dissonant. Thought I had two youtubes running when I was listening to it.

Thankfully, LuIzA's arrangement mostly ditches that nonsense and provides a much more melodic take. I guess the organ solo was a little off-kilter, but nothing compared to the level of dissonance in the source. It felt jazzy rather than... wrong notes. The core elements of this track are rock solid (drums, guitar, bass, piano) so even though there's some stranger elements that come in (think this is the bagpipe-like instrument Wes referred to) and some areas that aren't as polished (the lack of an ending, for one), the overall impression is very positive.

YES