On the Breath of the Wind - Wind Waker Project - Breaking News: SkyRiderX Co-Director!!!!

Swifthom

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, firstly, Tuberz is joining Argle and I on Dragon Roost. Hopefully I won't screw this up.

Additionally, I'm very sorry it is taking me so long. I've only got the layout dealt with, and actually probably only 2/3 of it. Geez. I just got the Sonic CD project out of the way, and Super Mario 64 project is nearly done as well. I do still have the Game Boy 25th Anniversary screaming at my face, but once Super Mario 64 is done I can focus on this and Game Boy.

So I should be getting something to you by the end of this month, which is what you were expecting and hoping from me.

Totally sorry. Would've had this done sooner, if I had known how many projects I've got going on, including some of my own projects; some which I can't put off and others I can, so.

Take your time, get it right, and I look forward to hearing something great :mrgreen:

In other news, 2 WEEKS until the end of May everyone.

Over the next week I'll start checking in with some people I haven't heard from for a while. Let me know how things are going.

Dude, I have been trying, seriously, to get this done.

Unfortunately, I am beginning to think I may have to drop the track. I just got work to do a track for someone, and I am being paid to do it, so that unfortunately has to go before this does.

I totally want to do the track because I had a really great idea and I didn't want it to go to waste, but at this point I seriously just have no clue if I can make it happen.

I'm so sorry. If my deadline wasn't as soon as this, I'd probably be able to get it done; probably by July or end of June. But that just can't happen. :/

Dude, I have been trying, seriously, to get this done.

Unfortunately, I am beginning to think I may have to drop the track. I just got work to do a track for someone, and I am being paid to do it, so that unfortunately has to go before this does.

I totally want to do the track because I had a really great idea and I didn't want it to go to waste, but at this point I seriously just have no clue if I can make it happen.

I'm so sorry. If my deadline wasn't as soon as this, I'd probably be able to get it done; probably by July or end of June. But that just can't happen. :/

If you want, send me what you have and I'll try to finish it.

Thanks Argle - good luck with that track you two.

G-Mixer, you had some good concepts, If u can get Argle to help you flesh them out it'd be great :D

In other news HoboKa's just dropped his track.

Does anyone want to have a look at MOLGERA'S THEME?

Edited by Swifthom

G-Mixer - I'm sorry to hear that, I'll have something to announce about this track hopefully in next 2 days.

Everyone else: Bit of news!

I'm going to be off to Turkey come May 31st and away for over a week. As far as I'm concerned there's no point having a deadline when I wont be able to receive tracks so I'm moving it to JUNE 10th.

If you want to contact me though do it before Friday this week, before the end of May. Please, please, get in touch and let me know how your tracks are going :P

It looks like we're also down the 'Inside the Pirate Ship' remix, which is a shame because that is a very important Wind Waker track :cry:

I'm going to set about searching for a replacement in the near future but if anyone is interested shout out now!

• 2 weeks later...

We now have six finished tracks :mrgreen:

And I've come back from holiday feeling refreshed and ready to wrap this thing up. Could everyone please check in with me, either with a finished wav (not mp3) ready or a rough date they will be able to get it in by. wavs should not be mastered, Argle's agreed to help with that, but please limit peak decibels to ensure there is no clipping.

If every track being worked on at the moment holds and they remain the same length as the WIP I have the album will be 59 minutes 58 seconds long. Please, don't let me down, that'd be perfect :-D

And one final call, if anyone out there was thinking of doing a Wind Waker themed remix on pretty much any song and thinks they can do a quick turnaround get in touch. Our current track list is on the first post and though we're winding this up I'm always on the lookout for something that will make this perfect :)

P.S. Looks like HoboKa's dropped Molgera.

I have his WIP if anyone wants to try and soup it up and wants a crack let me know, or alternatively start fresh for yourself.

As things stand right now that and Hero of the Wind are the only tracks that would make this album complete :-)

Edited by Swifthom

• 2 weeks later...

Pokemoneinstien: Awesome, enjoyed your coverage so it was worth it :)

Did you get the vocals I sent you the other month(???) or do you want me to pm you the link again?

Skyrider X: Pirate Ship might be saved now (I'll double check with PixelPanic) but I'll dig out the molgera WIP and send it to you ASAP.

Thanks for Forest Haven finished track, i'll add it to the master list. :-P

TheRex: I'll record those vocals ASAP. Don't worry about delay, make sure its epic before you send it to me. :)

Everyone else: My working life has suddenly been 2 long weeks of 12 hour shifts every day, so i've not had a chance to make final changes to MY tracks, never mind chasing everyone else up for their wavs.

Hope your all hard at work though, I promise I haven't forgotten about you, I'll be in touch shortly. Send me your wavs as soon as possible but make sure they're great first :)

1/07/13: Current Status and just for fun, how we will retell the tale of the Wind Waker

0. Title - Tom Swift - Final wav - Setting the scene: a peaceful beach with lapping waves and gentle music

1. The Legendary Hero - Pokemoneinstien - 50% done - Establishing that we have a great and terrible tale to tell...

2. Outset Island - Argle - Final wav - You know Outset is a pretty fun place to live

3. Aryll's Theme - Mark Jackson - 85% done - And there are some lovely people there

4. Grandma's Song - TheRex - ? - But... what's this, something terrible has happened?

5. Pirate Theme - PixelPanic - 80% done - We set off on a grand adventure...

6. Dragon Roost - TheRex - ? - ...to a mystical land of strange creatures

8. Forest Haven - Skyrider X - Final Wav - Most of whom turn out to be friendly

6. Cursed Ocean - Tom Swift - 90% done - There is a dark and terrible danger lurking on the far side of the ocean...

9. Ocean - Rozovian - Final Wav - But there is beauty out here as well

10. Hyrule Castle - Amphibious - 80% done - Discovering the ruin of an ancient kingdom

11. Legendary Hero - Argle - Final wav - We learn about the great battles of history

12. Miniboss theme - Skyrider X - Final Wav - There are great challenges to overcome

13. Ocean - Tuberz McGee - 80% done - A moment's quiet reflection

14. Molgera - ??? - ???? - We must battle for our future

15. Jalhalla - Chernabogue - Final wav - An ancient menace rears it's ugly head

16. Final Battle - Tom Swift - Final wav - Ganondorf reveals his place

17. Farewell Hyrule King - Tom Swift - Final Wav - The King of Red Lions makes a bold sacrifice

18. Farewell Hyrule King - Mark of Two - Final wav - The end of life as we know it?

19. Staff Credits - Tom Swift, Mangaman, Mark Jackson - 65% done - All that is left... is hope?

Edited by Swifthom

• 1 month later...

Cheers for the update - I'll send it to you again soon.

Due to my work wrapping up majorly I've not paid this project the attention it needed in the last month.

However we are making project on the final track - a grand collaboration on the staff credits, arranged between myself, Mark Jackson, MangaMan, Orangedragon and hopefully Chris-Ameratsu and Terra Matter.

Also we're looking for a bass player to join in if anyone's available?

Also if anyone wants to get involved, who can play live any instrument (string, brass, woodwind) please get in touch. I'd love to turn this into a masterpiece :)

In other news I'm still waiting for a few final WIPs. Please keep working on your tracks, I'll set a final, final absolute cut off point in a month once I have an idea how soon I'll be able to get my final piece wrapped up.

See the first track for our

Looking forward to wrapping this up soon. :razz:

Edited by Swifthom