PixelPanic

Pac-Man (+500)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationOcean City

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

Whipping something up as we speak.

I think it'll provide a nice visual backdrop. Perhaps the back of the album. I don't see it being front of the album material.

P.S. May have something up for Grandma. Possibly. Don't quote me on that. Or do. Whatever.

Edited by PixelPanic, 12 April 2012 - 07:46 PM.

#62 MangaMan

MangaMan

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

I could cobble something together. Give me some time though. My Photoshop hasn't been working lately. Plus I'm still working on the lyrics to the Staff Credits song.

#63 PixelPanic

PixelPanic

Pac-Man (+500)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationOcean City

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

Yo Swift, what's the font you used for that one promo? I like it and I want to put it in what I'm doin.

EDIT: Here's something I made in about 2+ hours

Posted Image

Gonna keep workin, but I like where it's goin

Edited by PixelPanic, 12 April 2012 - 11:28 PM.

#64 Swifthom

Swifthom

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

You can download several Legend of Zelda fonts from this site: http://www.zeldalege...dex.php?n=fonts

Ooh, it's sweet. I like it :-D; but your right, it isn't album cover art material.
I have been toying with the idea of creating a pdf file that goes through the album from start to finish. IF (and it's a big if but IF) we meet OCR standards I need to have a list of all the lyrics to hand anyway and I thought making something akin to an album booklet would be a good idea.
And if we went down that route it would mean a lot of small pictures from various points in the game :razz:

We'll see. That's the king of thing I really need to be thinking about in six months time AFTER the music is ready.

I spent about three hours today putting an automated drum track on one song, went away, had a drink, came back and just deleted it all because it was awful :-|.
I don't get on with drum programming at all... I'd rather just sit on the kit and play it myself. Only that really restricts the type of noises I can make. Good for the acoustic feel but not much else...

And something for Grandma?
I'm intruiged...

And lyrics for the staff credits song: yes please, really want to get moving on that because it's a brilliant idea.

#65 PixelPanic

PixelPanic

Pac-Man (+500)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationOcean City

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

DISREGARD THIS POST, I AM A LIAR.

But in all seriousness, I think with my workload I'll only be able to handle one track, so no Grandma :(

Edited by PixelPanic, 25 April 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#66 Swifthom

Swifthom

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

DISREGARD THIS POST, I AM A LIAR.

But in all seriousness, I think with my workload I'll only be able to handle one track, so no Grandma :(

Okay, sorry to hear that.
The latest WIP I did see though was cool; much more expanded than the previous version :mrgreen:

Quick update for anyone listening: We currently have 11 songs with solid WIPS!

The next deadline will be 1st July 2012!
There are a few people i've let off from sending WIPS in as they've been busy but I will have to ask them to get something to me by the end of July or release the track back to the public :sad:

Also if there's anyone out there who wants a track It looks like Princess Zelda's theme probably wont be happening now; so that's free again.
Also Grandma, Forsaken Fortress, ALL OF THE BOSS THEMES and, SHOCK HORROR DRAGON ROOST ISLAND are unclaimed. seriously; thats possibly the most popular song in the game... although perhaps the quality of the remixes already out there might make it daunting to do something completely different.
Proove theme wrong :lol:

#67 Swifthom

Swifthom

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

I've decided to postpone this WIP until 1st of July (it was 1st June) for 2 reasons:

1) A couple of people have asked me for more time

2) I promised some people vocal samples that I recorded the other weekend and I've not got them out yet

and

3) I'm knee deep right now in preparing for my own project, the website Distant Spires, which will be releasing its first project 'Monsters' this June. Until that is sucesfully through the door I'm not going to have the time required to dedicate 100% to this, especially as I'm also hitting a load of deadlines at work at the same time.

So, people, remember! Next deadline 1st July.
And people waiting on me for one reason or another, I promise I will sort myself out soon. Sorry :sad:

#68 PixelPanic

PixelPanic

Pac-Man (+500)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 530 posts
  • LocationOcean City

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:47 AM

ALRIGHT, I SWEAR THIS IS THE LAST TIME, BUT I WILL HAVE SOMETHING FOR "GRANDMA" ON July 1st

Also, as the KNGI forums claim, Happy Birthday!

Edited by PixelPanic, 24 May 2012 - 02:53 AM.

#69 pokemoneinstein

pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:57 AM

I can try to get the album cover art going if you still need that.

#70 Swifthom

Swifthom

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, we still need a cover. And grandma would be awesome :)

Thanks for the birthday message; had a good time.
My attention between now and mid June is firmly fixed to the realease of Distant Spires; making final adjustment and waiting on a friend for final edits to his music... :-D
I'm going to have a trailer to share with everyone soon regards to that.

The moment it is DONE i'll be back on this full time.

Also; collab stats:
Mangaman sent me the first verse lyrics wise; I suggested some edits and I haven't heard back from him.

#71 pokemoneinstein

pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Any ideas for what you'd like? I've got one in mind, but if you have one, by all means tell me.

Side note: If anyone's looking for a whistler, I've got a pretty good set of lips, if I do say so myself.

#72 Swifthom

Swifthom

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

I might have a whistling part i'd love you to do; album intro with the sound of seashore, a drum solo and a lone whistler? :-D

If your interested once the drums are recorded i'll get back in touch.

#73 pokemoneinstein

pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 28 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

I'm always interested in a good whistling song XD

Keep me posted!

#74 Swifthom

Swifthom

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

I recorded a test drum track over the weekend; i'll have a sample for you soon.

I've a new computer arriving over the weekend so I can actually master these tracks properly.

In other news: July is deadline month.
Could anyone with tracks claimed get a new WIP to me as soon as possible.

#75 MangaMan

MangaMan

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

Tom, I'd like to know when you'd like to get together again to work on lyrics?

#76 Swifthom

Swifthom

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

Sorry, though i'd sent you a message saying this wednesday or thursday are great for me if you can make it.

#77 MangaMan

MangaMan

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Alright I'll let John know.

#78 Swifthom

Swifthom

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:06 PM

Just to let people know, although I've been in absentia recently, i've nearly finished moving house and once I get the internet sorted in the new place, I will be collecting together second WIPs.

Looking forward to hearing from you all :)

Tom

#79 Swifthom

Swifthom

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Pokemonstein has done wonders with a piece of artwork that hopefully i'll be showing off soon. Thanks very much :mrgreen:
Also the song i'm working on with Mangaman and John is slowly, slowly taking shape.

Anyone with us over at KNGI, please pop down there and check in. I've put some of my more recent work up and I need to know how the tracks are coming along. The due date for second WIPS is July, and that's rushing by fairly fast.

Don't make me come looking for you :evil:

Only joking 8) I've been away from the PC for a number of reasons, so I havent had a chance to manage you as closely as I should, but i'm hoping to be back full time very shortly. Sorry about that, my fault. :???: Lets get this album rolling again.

And if ANYONE out there is still interested there are still some mixes that would be awesome:

1) Dragon Roost Island
2) Any Battle theme
3) GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNDMAAAAAAAAA! :-D

Anything you like :grin:

#80 Swifthom

Swifthom

Meat Boy (+250)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

A few people are working on tracks but aren't ready to send me updates yet.

So, to ensure we're all on the same schedule, here's my plan.

I want near complete tracks by October 15th. This wont be 'final' WIPs but I would like a complete song with a start, middle and end. Hopefully then we'll have until the end of the year to make final adjustments.

If anyone else wants to volunteer for tracks, i'm still open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums