pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:53 PM

Anyone take Sky Garden?

A user named Jamish is working on a remix on his own time, but he hasn't updated his WIP thread in about a week, and when I asked him if he wanted to submit it for the album, he ignored my question. You can take it, if you want. If Jamish comes back, we can add his as a bonus track.

#62 Cash

Cash

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:22 PM

Cool, thanks for adding me!
Posted Image
Alias: Cash and Change | SoundCloud | Twitter | Facebook

#63 Anorax

Anorax

Knuckles (+2500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,542 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, US

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:34 AM

ok, so how many of the remaining open tracks are in a minor key?
June%20was%20Risky%20month.gif

OTHER STUFF
TalentHouse Collaboration Site | My Soundcloud! | Nintendo ID: Anorax

#64 pokemoneinstein

pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:35 PM

Oh, jeez. If you know how to transpose, all of them, but I don't know how many start in a minor key. Why do you ask?

#65 DarkeSword

DarkeSword

Judge, Moderator, For Everlasting Peace Director

• Moderators
  • 14,665 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:42 AM

A user named Jamish is working on a remix on his own time, but he hasn't updated his WIP thread in about a week, and when I asked him if he wanted to submit it for the album, he ignored my question. You can take it, if you want. If Jamish comes back, we can add his as a bonus track.

I would like to take Sky Garden.

#66 pokemoneinstein

pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:45 AM

Great, I'll put you down! :)

#67 Anorax

Anorax

Knuckles (+2500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:34 PM

Oh, jeez. If you know how to transpose, all of them, but I don't know how many start in a minor key. Why do you ask?

An idea that I have that I doubt will work with a Major key. I mean, I could find one theme and transpose it into a minor key, but whether that would be to a natural minor or harmonic minor... Yikes.

OTHER STUFF

#68 pokemoneinstein

pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 19 January 2012 - 05:52 PM

An idea that I have that I doubt will work with a Major key. I mean, I could find one theme and transpose it into a minor key, but whether that would be to a natural minor or harmonic minor... Yikes.

Well AlmightyArceus is very good at deciphering what keys songs are in. I suggest finding a couple of songs you'd like to do, and asking AlmightyArceus which one/s are in a minor key. I'm sure he'd be happy to help.

#69 pu_freak

pu_freak

BadAss II Co-Director, BadAss Asst. Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationUtrecht, the Netherlands

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

Well AlmightyArceus is very good at deciphering what keys songs are in. I suggest finding a couple of songs you'd like to do, and asking AlmightyArceus which one/s are in a minor key. I'm sure he'd be happy to help.

I've listened to quite a few songs that are on the first post, but none of them are in minor. I know that the entire SNES Mario Kart soundtrack is in major. Now I think of it, I can't recall ANY Mario theme I know to be in minor, except from Koopa's Road in Mario 64. This isn't really the series for minor keys :P
Released Projects: ARMed and DANGerous, Around the World, BadAss, BadAss 2, Balance & Ruin, Lucid Dreaming, The Missingno Tracks, Summoning of Spirits
Current Projects: BadAss: Volume 3, Secret of Mana, SD3: Songs of Light and Darkness
Posted Image

#70 pokemoneinstein

pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:14 AM

Bowser's Castle for GBA is in E Minor, but I'm doing that one. I suppose if you really want to, there can be two versions of the song, but I'd try to find another way, first.

#71 POCKETMAN

POCKETMAN

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 779 posts
  • LocationGilbert, Arizona

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

I'm interested.
Willing to add Banshee Boardwalk from N64?
Posted Image

#72 pokemoneinstein

pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

My new rule for additional tracks is that you need to show a WIP to either myself, Electrolisystem, or Brushfire before we add you. Since they're not the ones that determine that the project is finished, but they still count towards the total track count, we need to make sure that they're exceptional.

#73 POCKETMAN

POCKETMAN

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 779 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:19 AM

Well what's your deadline? Cause i'm not able to start right away but I wanted to claim a track. I can mix up to par. Check out my mix on the Xenogears album.

If you still really want a WIP for claim i'll try to have something in a few weeks.

Or just put me down for Delfino Square.
Posted Image

#74 pokemoneinstein

pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

No deadline, yet, not enough tracks have been claimed. How about this: You can remix Delfino Square. If you've finished that and you want to remix a second track on the album, you can go right ahead on Banshee Boardwalk. Sound like a plan?

#75 POCKETMAN

POCKETMAN

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 779 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

Sweet. Sounds good!
Posted Image

#76 Lampje4life

Lampje4life

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:17 AM

Still figuring out what I'm gonna do with mine. I'll just work on it this weekend and send you the WIP when I got it. It's leaning more toward N64 Victory Lap now ()

Btw, serious suggestion: What if you'd leave the tracklist open for now? Reasons I could think of would be:
* You won't get all music from all mariokarts remixed probably, so it might be better to leave the tracklist open and maybe even allow multiple remixes for the same song
* Alot of the tracks share the same notes. Like Rainbow Roads, Victory Lap, Ceremonies, Koopa City, Toads Turnpike.

It's your project, but I'd think about it :) Or atleast give every track from any MK game a chance to be on the main discs instead of leaving some to be bonus.

Edited by Lampje4life, 20 January 2012 - 08:29 AM.

#77 pokemoneinstein

pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:58 PM

There are plenty of tracks left to claim, everyone! Come get them while you can! Once 15 have been taken, I'll be posting the first WIP deadline.

#78 pokemoneinstein

pokemoneinstein

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationMilton, MA

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

Come on guys, there are still a ton of songs left to choose from! Has anybody gotten working on their remixes, yet?

#79 Cash

Cash

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:51 AM

I've been working on my remix of Choco Mountain the past few days. My remix is in the "piano" style.
Posted Image
Alias: Cash and Change | SoundCloud | Twitter | Facebook

#80 Anorax

Anorax

Knuckles (+2500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

I've been working on my remix of Choco Mountain the past few days. My remix is in the "piano" style.

Oooh, very nice choice. Can't wait to hear it.

I MEAN *AHerm* this thread is just for recruitment blahblahblah I won't be a stickler but try not to overdo it before we get an official Darkesword Moderation Visit.

But seriously, good idea for a good track.

OTHER STUFF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums