Zelda OoT - Market Theme - Tavern Style

tweex

Wow, I haven't posted anything here in years. What they hell!

I've been doing a LOT of folk style music for another project I'm working on when I re-discovered the Zelda OoT Market theme. Decided it might be fun to folk it up. This is an early WIP and I'm wondering if it's worth making into a full on remix rather than just a cover (which it is).

Enjoy.

Source:

Remix/Cover: http://www.tweexmusic.com/zelda_market.mp3

Wow, I haven't posted anything here in years. What they hell!

I've been doing a LOT of folk style music for another project I'm working on when I re-discovered the Zelda OoT Market theme. Decided it might be fun to folk it up. This is an early WIP and I'm wondering if it's worth making into a full on remix rather than just a cover (which it is).

Enjoy.

Source:

Remix/Cover: http://www.tweexmusic.com/zelda_market.mp3

Nice work tweek - i'd love to hear a full on remix from this!

One thing - the violin melody (the main one) doesn't flow so well - i find that the quavers are a bit too detached - i imagine a real player (this was midi right?) may play this in one bow, well perhaps not. All it is is I think the rhythm was just a tiny bit jerky in that section - just needs is a little tweek in my opinion.

Extend this please :)

This music makes me want to dance, I second also wanting a remix of it

:D-<

:D|-<

:D/-<

I thought the quavers were fine detached, it sort of depends how you want the style I guess. Playing it bouncy or all in one bow works equally well I think, just depends on what Tweek wants.

A violin player might play the detached version like this?

http://tindeck.com/listen/rsqp

I actually agree. Maybe a more legato approach w/ the violin might be better, or at least only that staccato for certain notes, and not all. You could keep the (irish whistle?) (flute) short and cute which is fine, but I think it actually loses its cuteness if the violin is competing with it in that way. The emphasis on the rhythm might be a little too much.

You also might want to get some grace notes in there, I think grace noting the violin would probably help a lot. The flute would be a no-brainer as well.

I also think maybe the panning might be a little bit too severe with the violin. Or maybe I'd feel more comfortable if the panning of the flute and violin were switched lol. It just feels like I should say that.

Also grace notes on the dulcimer (?) would probably be a really nice touch as well when it's playing the melody.

Taking small liberties here and there would really spruce this up.

I have no qualms about the background elements, the guitars are great, the percussion is excellent. It might be hanging back a little too much, but that would probably be a very minute and personal choice.

Really nice so far, keep at it please :)

• 2 weeks later...