ReMixer Name: EpicRPGRemixes

Email: EpicRPGRemixes@gmail.com

Website: http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicRPGRemixes?feature=mhee

OC Remix Page: http://ocremix.org/forums/member.php?u=45110

Game Arranged: Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal

Name of Arrangement: Dratini Boogie

Song Arranged: Goldenrod Game Corner

Composed by: Go Ichinose, Junichi Masuda

My own comments on the mix: This mix is my fifth draft. The remix was made on Logic Express 9 using presets and added soundfonts and plug-ins. It contains elements of House, Techno, and Chiptune, and it's my first submission. All Chiptune tracks were made using the YMCK plug-in. Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

I like a lot of your arrangement ideas; there's a lot of the source present, but it has a lot of your own flair to it here. I like the bass line especially, it's got a super good grove. What's holding this back right now is the production. A lot of the sounds you have sound pretty basic (drums come to mind especially, even moreso since they're stuck on a basic loop), and the soundscape feels relatively dry.

Almost everything is top heavy as well, and there just needs to be more going on in the low end. I'd double your bassline an octave lower, and see about filling out the soundscape overall. The fade in and out of the drums didn't feel very smooth, you can tweak that a bit.

Overall it's pretty rough on the production side of things, but there's some promise in your arrangement, and I think you can add the finesse to it with some work. Hit up our WIP forms for more advice.

NO (resubmit)

• 1 month later...

Deia has some good production crits, and I agree with them; I'd suggest also increasing the humanization of the sequencing as well, focusing on the velocities. You have some good arrangement ideas, and I adore the solo, but the rest of the track needs to click as well. Give it a run through the workshop mods and spruce it up for a resubmission!:-)

No, please resubmit

Pretty much what the good lady and gent above me said - you've got some energetic lead writing going on here throughout the track and some nice original chords, but the details aren't there to support it. The song is pretty empty overall, because of the lack of reverb and generally-sparse writing, there feels like there's some gaping holes in the track that could be filled by different sounds and padding. Production is also off-balance, leaning heavily toward the highs which gets grating on the ears.

You've got some great ideas here, now bring the rest of the track up to that level and you'll be golden :-)

NO (resub)