Submission Information:

Title - "Kill 'em All"

link to remix - attached

Name of game arranged - Alien Shooter 2

System: PC

Name of individual song arranged - Action02

Link to the original soundtrack -

Hello!

The game series was made by SIGMA team(Russia) and had high dynamic and energy sound track. I just HAD to try!

This one is a.. mmm.. Energetic stuff I suppose. 4 Drum Tracks at same time, crap tone of synths, Bit Machine corrupting some of guitars, maybe you even can find some work for your sub-woofer in this mix. maybe..

Overall mix sounds repetitive, but actually I intended to make it like this. Why? mmm.. I wanted to make something what can be used in this game as is and listenable at same time. Also all of this techno/dance/trance stuff sounds repetitive and it's OK. So hell.. Why not? LOL Everything is repetitive after all.

But if it's still not at the propper level of repetitiveness or music production or whatever, well... Better luck next time, i suppose.

Thank to: AMT, Monobrow, Lvl99, Clem, Kuolema for feedback and review.

Special Thanks to "some dude" for nice comment(Sorry dude. You have a very difficult name)

All the Best to you guys!!

NOTE TO NOOBS: GO TO WIP FORUM!! Then submit)

P.S. Sorry for my english, if I said something weird)

• 2 months later...

I'm torn on this. There's a lot of personalization, and some overall original ideas, but at the same time it is definitely repetitive, and by the end I was really wishing you'd added more variation to the main riff that's so often used. That being said, there is variation in a lot of different parts, and to me the only part that felt repetitive is the main riff. The detail to the rest of the instruments stands out, and I think I'm ok with giving this a pass in that regard.

Production is doing pretty good as well. I feel like there's a decent amount of compression, but things are still pretty clear and nothing feels overpowering or overpowered.

I'm ok with giving this a YES. Good luck with the rest of the vote.

• 2 weeks later...

THe main riff does get to be a bit repetitive, and if you want to repeat it that many times, i'll need a key change in there somewhere as a way of refreshing it up a little bit.

Production-wise the drums are way over-compressed and need to be cleaned up. The guitars sound nice, and the effects throughout are cute, bu tthe leads sound a bit too distorted.

Still needs some work, in my opinion.

No, please resubmit

ick, can't say I loved that source tune, but props for hitting up some more relatively unknown game music. your take on it is a lot more refreshing. like the other J's mentioned, there are some smaller issues with the mixing (definitely agree that those drums are overcompressed), and some repetitiveness in the arrangement, but overall I didn't think there were any dealbreakers here.

YES

I didn't listen to the source tune because the production was problematic enough in my book. It's too overcompressed and messy and the guitars are taking up too much of the room in some parts. 0:52 is a perfect example - tons of distortion in the high end that should be gone if the mixing was better. Song sounded cool, but the production needs to be better.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Vinnie and Andrew here. Production issues are holding this one back for me. It's really hard to mix it to get both the in-your-face intensity without introducing a lot of clutter, and in this case, distortion.

See if you can pull levels back, get the distortion under control, then bring them back with a mind for avoiding overcompression (drums).

So, this isn't the greatest OST, and while I'd say your arrangement is on the straightforward side, I wouldn't call it a cover. I think there's room for more creativity in the melody lines and chords. Not a deal-breaker alone, though.

Bring it back, now, ya'hear?

No, resubmit please

Honestly, this one's so close that it could seriously swing either way for me. I hear what everyone is saying about the production and the drums, but I can also respect that a lot of that might have been an intentional choice, given the aggressive breakbeat style you're going for.

I do agree with OA on the repetitiveness, it would be really nice to have something to keep that main riff fresh like a keychange or more alterations to the underlying chord progression.

I feel like this one's headed towards a NO (resub) and I can certainly see why, so I'm not going to hold it up. I think some additional cleanup would help this out in the long run, as long as you can do so in a way that doesn't compromise the intensity of the song. Really hope to see this one again, it's got a ton of promise and it's fun to listen to.

NO (boderline/resub!)