OCR02357 - Wild Arms "Telepath Tower"

djpretzel

As a huge lover of trance, and as someone who's been pretty heavily influenced by Ferry Corsten and his various ventures, this song is easily one of my very favorites off the album. This song is one of the few I've ever heard from OCR (along with perhaps a couple of bLiNd mixes) that I can say would fit right into a DJ set without anyone even questioning that it belonged. As a DJ, that's very neat to me. As a diehard fan of VGM remixes, that makes me almost giddy. If a world-famous name like Tiesto can remix the Pirates of the Caribbean, why can't we get artists with a similar pedigree to remix VGM tracks? Now we DO have someone with a rock-solid track record in the club industry giving the gift of excellent trance music to OCR. Well done, Mr. Saint-Jules, and thank you G-T for helping us get this masterpiece on here!

A minimalist source (5 measures). A studio professional. I can pretty much see a world of good coming out of this one, and major props for Aaron and bLiNd for providing the link!

From what I've come to expect from people within Corsten's label, we've got this clean production that manages to work sweepingly well within the field of trance, and can be seen as compared to the cleanliness of Corsten's work himself. I was almost worried that the source might running into a little too much liberality, though given most of the build from the 1 minute mark onward was based around the rhythmic backing strings, and a lot of the buildup was indeed more based around the melody, a lot of the doubts were soon taken out as shown with Saint-Jules's grasping of the site's arrangement standards.

This shifting around of elements managed to continue sharply for most of the track's duration too, so I am very firm with the idea it managed to present via delivering that feeling that may indeed lift listeners from reality (hence the appropriate direction). I may have to say it here - my tastes in trance are typically more aggressive than the direction layered out there, but the idea presented was nailed to a T and would easily satisfy fans of the genre.

So, a major well done for contributing to the album, and for spreading awareness via this link with studio professionals. I'm hoping one of these days we may see more tracks of that kind of calibre, but for now it's a definite start :D

I'm a huge fan of the likes of Tiesto and Corsten, so having a producer off their label do a ReMix was a very welcomed surprise. And after listening all day, I can easily say that this does not disappoint. Naturally, the arrangement and production sounds professional and terrific, and this is an example of five star trance. This ReMix is incredible, as it succeeds in paying respect to the original source while still having it's own identity and style. The fact that even without the knowledge that this came from the game, that this would probably bring the house down as a trance track in a club is awesome. Certainly one of the best tracks on the album. Great work on this.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02357 - Wild Arms "Telepath Tower"