OCR02360 - DuckTales & Chrono Trigger "Ebbed Tides and Webbed Feet"

djpretzel

Doc Nano strikes again! My jaw dropped at his performance ability when I saw his debut on "Dancing Leaves", so I'm all set to see it happen again.

So indeed the intro does indeed carry a similar moode to Godofsky's arrangement of "The Swan", while being able to use the intro's rhythm patterns into good effect. And even when the melody came in, there's been enough recognisability for the source while still meaning for going into interpretation of the source. The "Wind Scene" cameos at around 1:15 and later at 2:20 made brilliant bridges, and managed to help transition this added feeling of dynamic nature towards it, which is definitely a good thing to go for. Even the louder parts were well expressed for the most part, and managed to give in that good attentive nature to it.

I do have one little tip if you're going to be using this dynamic contrast - try and watch the piano notes' attack when going louder. You managed to get this contrast working well, but I felt as if the attack was a little too soft to really match the full blown effect of the execution. If you can't cut the attack any further, then all I could really suggest was layer staccato notes over the top in post-production; it's a strange idea, but having handled piano production many times before it's definitely no easy task.

Regardless, a wonderful arrangement from Emory and a very sweet performance from Doc Nano! I think it's a little too exciteable for me to weep at though, but your mileage may vary; either way, I'm game to see what either of you would come up with next :mrgreen:

I do have one little tip if you're going to be using this dynamic contrast - try and watch the piano notes' attack when going louder. You managed to get this contrast working well, but I felt as if the attack was a little too soft to really match the full blown effect of the execution. If you can't cut the attack any further, then all I could really suggest was layer staccato notes over the top in post-production; it's a strange idea, but having handled piano production many times before it's definitely no easy task.

Yeah, the main S90 ES piano sound is definitely more suited to playing softer and more sensitive passages. Thanks for the tip!

Love me some solo piano, gorgeous track, very emotional. I liked the inclusion of Yearnings of the Wind but I think the transitions between the two themes could have been smoother or more gradual. The ending chord could have been held a second longer too, kinda just cut off. Very pretty track, piano sounded great, and great performance.

Wow, I'm really enjoying this. I'd never thought of the Moon theme as a calm piano piece, but it sounds brilliant. And the transitions between both songs are excellently done! I would definitely like to hear more arrangements from you, Evory. :) And of course, I loved Dancing Leaves, so seeing Doc Nano's name on here got me all excited as well. :D

A great track, you guys! Keep it up! :)

Wow, this sounds absolutely beautiful! There's nothing more elegant than a solo-piano done right, and this is a good example of that. The arrangement and the sound of the piano itself was terrific and I loved how the two themes worked well together. Very impressive ReMix, fellas!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02360 - DuckTales & Chrono Trigger "Ebbed Tides and Webbed Feet"