Contact Information

* Your ReMixer name: elzfernomusic

* Your real name: Elliot Newman

* Your website: http://elzfernomusic.bandcamp.com/

* Your userid: 29760

Submission Information

* Name of game(s) arranged: Sonic & Knuckles

* Name of individual song(s) arranged: The Doomsday Zone

* Link to the original soundtrack (if it is not one of the sound archives already available on the site):

The Doomsday Zone:

* Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc.:

Have always loved the source track, and although I knew that Sonic 3 & Knuckles has been remixed a lot in the past, I got an idea for this remix and just sort of ran with it. I've heard a lot of straight metal covers of Doomsday Zone in the past and figured it'd be an interesting experiment to slow the tempo and take away some of the "thrash" elements and replace it with groove based elements.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Right off the bat, the clean guitar in the intro was pretty well-written and captured my attention because I really couldn't tell where you were planning on going with the song based off of that. Once the distorted guitars dropped in, it made perfect sense.

Your performances are really great across the board, and they do help compensate for what I think is slightly sub-par mixing/mastering. I think you could have pushed the volume a bit more, I find myself having to turn my system volume up to hear this at a comparable volume level to most metal tracks. It's a small issue though that doesn't really inhibit my enjoyment of the song though, I think this is a pretty solid effort. Nothing mindblowing or groundbreaking here, but it'll be a strong debut nonetheless that people will enjoy.

YES

• 3 weeks later...