OCR02361 - Pokémon Blue Version "Blue Haze"

djpretzel

More Pokemon! And I admit to have waited some time to see it get posted, especially given the long history behind this one.

I'm liking the eerie start, with the organ parts that kind of resemble a darker "Strawberry Fields" for me, and when the melody managed to come in I can certainly envision this darker approach to it; it could almost be as if West Kanto was facing a 1984-esuqe siege, which seems to be the vision falling into my mind when hearing it. :wink:

It may be a whole different set of chords for the track, but the melody's adaptation towards it manages to adapt to that feeling to a T, so arrangement-wise we have an expansive adaptation that fits this dark work that could carry elements of Rozo's moody synth driven style and Will's 80s-influenced approach.

I'm not sure if the rhythms at 3:30 were real or not but it would've helped to have been the same texture as the lead guitar (which I'm assuming is Will :razz: ) for further clarity. In addition to that, I know I keep picking on Will's drum parts in particular, but to me they seemed to come off as rather flat sounding in the mix. There could've been something done to try and equalise further punch out of it, to really give more edge to the track, but given the track's age and history it might be better off shunted aside.

Otherwise, it's a pretty arrangement to compliment Blake's happier and sophisticated take on it, and to see them both co-exist on The MissingNo Tracks was pretty neat on seeing how people could adapt this simple childish melody. Good going you two!

Cool track, very atmospheric. I kinda felt like I was playing Metroid or something around 1:58. The drums don't have a lot of presence, but I think it works for the track up until the solo section (great solo by the way). At that point its more apparent how weak the drums sound when they're playing those more intricate fills. I like the intro/outro bookend, fits with the vibe of the rest of the song. Good job guys

For some reason I skipped this track when I first got the Missingno Tracks, but I have since listened to it non-stop. A very creative interpretation of a normally bright and cheery song. I could definitely see the blending of styles between WillRock and Rozovian, and it worked perfectly in this case. Great Job!

Damn it now I want to play Pokemon again.

This was one of my favorites off the album. Taking a happy melody and turning it into a dark ambient ReMix like this is awesome. Loved the intro and the whole arrangement altogether. The soloing was nice and I actually don't have a problem with the drums, though I can hear why some may have. Great collab, guys.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02361 - Pokémon Blue Version "Blue Haze"