OCR02364 - Super Smash Bros. "The Life and Death of Kirby"

djpretzel

I remember hearing this a while back, but...man, so glad to see it finally hit the site. Nice job you guys, very creative and expressive take on a classic theme...such subtle changes to the mood while keeping the original and its feel intact.

As is the title of this post, the feeling of this song can, in fact, be summed up in one word: Awesome.

\m/

This is going to be in my rotation for a long time. I've been groaning over the repetition in my playlist for literally weeks, and this will definitely get things moving again. It makes me want to go get some Popeye's.

One thing I wanted to ask: Is there a particular reason this is listed as mix of a Super Smash Bros song rather than a Kirby song?

An incredible remix. The heroes took the gold in this Heroes vs. Villains match-up; my Dedede remix doesn't even compare. Great use of chips, fun fusion, and I love the Kirby sound effects worked in there. Great job!

Your Dedede remix is still amazing in my book.

At first I didn't pay attention to this track when HvV first came out. I was to busy listening to the other great tracks on the album. But when I finally got around to hearing it I found myself loving this piece a lot. Lots of chip and electronic goodness coming from this song. I would *puts on shades* "Insert a Rupee" to listen to this remix.

This is going to be in my rotation for a long time. I've been groaning over the repetition in my playlist for literally weeks, and this will definitely get things moving again. It makes me want to go get some Popeye's.

One thing I wanted to ask: Is there a particular reason this is listed as mix of a Super Smash Bros song rather than a Kirby song?

most people aren't very familiar with the "Gourmet Race" in Kirby Super Star, the game in which the source originated, but when they used it in Super Smash Bros. for Kirby's default level theme, it essentially became cemented as "THEME OF KIRBY"

also we like being dicks to the database

Hey dudes this is super-duper cool, I like how seamlessly you guys blend chiptune and chiptune-esque sounds to the point where I can't tell what parts of this could actually be produced out of an old NES soundchip and which ones couldn't. It's pretty neat :-) Love the original writing you guys threw in here too, it fits perfectly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Nice chiptune-electronica take on the Kirby/Gourmet Race theme. I do like the way this follows the edgier feel of the other Life and Death styled ReMixes. Cool use of Kirby's SFX too. Another win for Insert Rupee and a very nice track from the Heros and Villains album.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02364 - Super Smash Bros. "The Life and Death of Kirby"