Post your MAGFest 10 Pictures & Videos here

Level 99

Just so it makes it a lot easier to find everyone's uploaded pictures and stuff from MAG this year, making a separate thread so y'all don't have to sift through the PMD thread. Here's what I've lifted from that thread:

Ramaniscence:

404581_10150504657298954_768938953_8540835_76380090_n.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

AidEkmfCAAAn9hE.jpg

tumblr_lxgx7k5cYR1qd39i7o1_500.jpg

398633_10100671006380312_68127105_50785093_418660872_n.jpg

TheShaggyFreak:

http://picasaweb.com/wchrapcynski

LuketheXjesse:

381688_2682949547314_1063590290_32277506_1951829413_n.jpg

166927_10150484934659422_582324421_9023850_2098223579_n.jpg

superjoe30:

IMG_20120105_141007.jpg

wildfire%2Bstevo.jpg

Josh Whelchel:

IMG_0195.JPG

Level 99:

All of my pictures are here:Facebook Album

And my videos will be here:Youtube channel

(I have a painfully slow internet connection at the moment, but I will be posting videos from the OCR Panel, as well as some Earthbound Papas, XHunters, and Ellen McLain's panel.

And here's a nice picture of a ton of OCR Folk...(not posting in thread because it's rather big)

https://picasaweb.google.com/116622374680346441581/MAGFESTXThursday

https://picasaweb.google.com/116622374680346441581/MAGFESTXFriday

https://picasaweb.google.com/116622374680346441581/MAGFESTXSaturday

Pretty much every single photo I shot this weekend. I'm picking out the highlights/better photos, passing them through camera raw and uploading them to facebook.

Got a few video clips of TSS, Minibosses, Danimal, and Super Guitar Bros on my 3DS, will post once I do something about the horrendously distorted audio.

And speaking of audio:

http://kngi.org/opencircuit/magfest10/audio/2012-01-07-MAGFestXMainStage-EarthboundPapas.flac

http://kngi.org/opencircuit/magfest10/audio/2012-01-06-MAGFestXPanelRoom3-OCRLive-AquaticAmbience.flac

http://kngi.org/opencircuit/magfest10/audio/2012-01-06-MAGFestXPanelRoom3-OCRLive-Terra.flac

This is neither a picture nor a video (picture coming later), but a story that I've been told to post for all to read. Note: Conversations are paraphrased since I don't have a snapshot memory.

Three Sorority Girls Discover Magfest

Scene: Sunday morning, between 2 and 3AM.

After chilling out in the Lumberjack Lounge for a couple of hours, I decided it was time to hit the sack. The quickest route to my room was down the elevator, a walk across the lobby, and back up the other side elevator. I elevated downward, hit Floor 1, and headed toward the red carpet by the check-in desk. Before my slippers hit the carpet, I hear "Hey you!" from semi-behind me and turn to find a mid twenties female in a cocktail dress, makeup, jewelry, heels, and obviously curious .. without a MAGFest badge. And hot, by most standards.

"Are you part of this convention? Who are all these people?" she asks.

"This is MAGFest, where the MAG stands for Music and Gaming. We play video games, listen to game music, that sort of thing," I reply.

With that, two of her friends (also dressed to the nines and hot) enter the lobby, walk over, and start asking her what's going on. I reiterate the above and we exchange names and formalities. They were part of a larger group of sorority sisters from a college (withheld for privacy) and were out celebrating Girl #3’s birthday. They had driven quite a ways to get to the area and were spending the night at the Gaylord.

"I want to play Mario Kart. Do they have Mario Kart?" Girl #1 says.

"You can't get into the game room without paying for a badge."

"Where can I buy a badge? I really want to play some Mario Kart."

"I doubt that the registration booth is open, but I can show you."

"Awesome! I know everybody’s going to like me playing Mario Kart because I lose a lot."

"That’s not the only reason why they’re going to like you."

I got a cheap laugh from one of them, and we took the escalator up to Floor 2. I notice all the visual attention the girls and I are getting (OK, maybe it was just the girls), and simultaneously become aware of my situation. Pretty awesome feeling, but I still had a mission to get these girls to the game room. We walk past the panels rooms and the concert rooms to find the registration booth ... closed. The secret chiptune concert is blasting not too far away, so I keep the conversation going.

"Looks like you can’t buy a badge, so they will turn you away from the game room. You guys want to hear the concert?"

They silently follow me to the concert where Dauragon was jamming out on his Gameboy to an upbeat, dancey mix. Girl #2 leaves to use the restroom. We stop somewhere in the middle of the small crowd of ~20 people and girl #1 immediately says, "I want to dance up on the stage. Can I do that?"

It doesn’t matter what I said in response, because girls #1 and 3 walk toward stage right without acknowledging me. And they start dancing with Dauragon while met with loud cheers from the crowd. There were some crude crowd comments that were said, and needless to say, the girls didn’t appreciate them (they said so afterwards). Girl #3 got stage fright and walked back to me after that, but Girl #1, still as curious as when she said hi to me, was talking to Dauragon about his music while he’s standing there making it. He even lets her push a button to drop the beat after a breakdown. Dude was chill.

Girl #1 walks offstage, Girl #2 comes back from the restroom, and Girls #1 and 2 go BACK up on the stage and dance with Dauragon more. More cheers. I snapped a picture of the girls on stage with my buddy q-pa’s camera (the only photo evidence I have of this story). But even better: somebody took video.

The video starts here and continues into

video as well. Girl #1 = black dress, Girl #2 = brown dress, Girl #3 = blue dress.

The girls get bored and start leaving. I chat a minute more with q-pa and then again with A_Rival. They compliment me on my dates for the evening (ha!) and I catch up to the girls who are visibly lost in the monster that is the Gaylord.

"We’re headed to our rooms to freshen up," Girl #3 says.

"And let me guess: you can’t find the elevators?" I say.

"No, we’re lost."

"I’ll show you where they are, since the closest elevators are not the ones you need to take to get to your room (for those that attended, the hotel rooms were partitioned)."

"Steve, thanks for being nice to us not like those other guys. You want to join us for some shots?" says Girl #1.

And unfortunately, this is where the story gets sad. Apparently, a dude in khakis and a polo chatting it up with 3 very well dressed ladies is an invitation for all to join.

"Did somebody say shots? I’m totally up for some shots!" From behind comes two guys committed to getting themselves involved with these girls in the creepiest way possible. I can appreciate a dude with balls, but their drunken state screamed awkward instead of oozed cool. The girls are friendly with them and excited about shots, but Girl #1 shoots me a disturbed look and I can tell this ship isn’t going to stay afloat for long.

I get the now larger group of us moving to the other end of the hotel, but the best way I can describe the next 45 seconds it takes to get across the atrium is this: the girls are chewed up gum rolling across a dirty carpet. We managed to pick up five more creepy dudes in that timeframe, totaling 11 of us waiting at the elevators. 10 of the 11 get in an elevator, the doors close, and that is the cliffhanger ending to my story.

Fin

Bigtime edit: Added video links! Apparently the girls weren't creeped out as much as I thought, because they came back down for A_Rival's show after I last saw them and went to bed. More video for the curious!

I'm really glad these videos showcase the awesome parts of my story vs. the not so awesome parts. The girls rolled with it though, and came back for more.

So... You folks (that found them) enjoy the achievements?

Any feedback?

We might do an all out Achievement App next year. Best idea Rez and I ever had for MAG.

Also, really sad I didn't see as many people as much this year. My interactions with Oji were limited to a ninja attack kiss on the cheek and that was is. Fucker never came to The Lumberjack Lounge...