OCR02367 - Sonic Adventure "Chaos Nightmares"

djpretzel

I really liked Sonic Adventure at the time, though recent ports show just how rough it is.. but back then we didn't care, and it was great. This opening song, combined with the epic visuals, was amazing. It was a great rock song. And now it's a PrototypeRaptor techno. I really enjoyed this one, and I agree that the main vocals at certain points could have been louder and the distortion on them was pretty extreme from what I can tell through my monitors. It makes the song sound really distorted sometimes, and I would have liked it just a little cleaner. This song brought back the good memories of the game and I really enjoyed it, so good work PR! You never fail to impress.

Now THIS is awesome. Again, like some of the others, I'm not that familiar with the source, but the song came out amazingly...

PR, considering your beautiful tracks, would you be interested in a...challenge? Try the Sonic game ridiculed for it's horrible glitches, but loved for it's music - Sonic '06. I'd love to hear one of the tracks off that in your capable hands, from Crisis City to the title track, His World.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Man, two Pendulum-like ReMixes in one day, I'm finding all sorts of treats here. The level of hard-hitting beats is high with this one. The vocals are insane, and goes perfectly well with the chaotic nature of this ReMix. PR just brings it and never stops until the song ends, and all around, I just can't find any fault with this one. Recommended.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

So, this is one of the first OCReMixes I've ever heard. And even today it blows me away every time I'm listening to it. Awesome take on original theme. I've always got chills from the original and the intro cutscene, so I do here. And vocals are so tasty! I also like how it drops at 4:05 and then kicks back. Pretty toe-tapping and head-bopping tune.

• 4 months later...

I actually came back to this and looked at the original, and there are actually pretty substantial differences in the melody and in particular the emphases in the lyrics' syllables (EX: the emphases on "Open your heart, it's gonna be alright!" shifted from "it's" to "heart" before the pause in the middle of the sentence).

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02367 - Sonic Adventure "Chaos Nightmares"