OCR02370 - Sonic Advance "The Glacier's Peak"

djpretzel

Incredibly excited when I saw the title logo from Sonic Advance 1 on the right side of the screen.

The site has plenty of Sonic arranges of the old console games, but the handheld games get no love. Which is a shame because the music quality is just as good. Hell, the gameplay is just as good. Seriously.

Anyway, great arrangement. Would love to see more arranges of these songs, in particular, egg rocket zone 1.

Incredibly excited when I saw the title logo from Sonic Advance 1 on the right side of the screen.

The site has plenty of Sonic arranges of the old console games, but the handheld games get no love. Which is a shame because the music quality is just as good. Hell, the gameplay is just as good. Seriously.

Anyway, great arrangement. Would love to see more arranges of these songs, in particular, egg rocket zone 1.

This so much. Though a similar story could be said for the 3d Sonics as well. Past Sonic Adventure 2, it is hard to find love as well (we got one mix from 06 but that's it). Still, gotta start somewhere, and this is an excellent start

Yeah agreed.

Sonic Advance 1 and 2 (especially 2, not 3, they pushed their luck there) are the best Sonic games this side of 2000, period. The engine is fantastic, art style is brilliant, music is killer and the gameplay is a logical progression from the old games. Why these titles get little attention from the Sonic community (and SEGA) is beyond me.

Anyway, whilst yeah, this is a bit of a sound upgrade from the original, it's no way a bad thing and I most definitely enjoyed the listen.

I love that you hold off on stating the VIb, VIIb, I progression 'till around 2 minutes in. The subtle little change in harmony helps to give the whole thing a sense of progression and, really with that sequence, resolution.

Yeah agreed.

Sonic Advance 1 and 2 (especially 2, not 3, they pushed their luck there) are the best Sonic games this side of 2000, period. The engine is fantastic, art style is brilliant, music is killer and the gameplay is a logical progression from the old games. Why these titles get little attention from the Sonic community (and SEGA) is beyond me.

Couldn't agree more. Been waiting for the day when Sonic Advance (any of the three games) gets remixed. Some amazing tunes were hidden in these gems. Though I agree with you regarding no.3, I'm still hoping someone gets around to remixing some tunes from that game especially. It's one of my favorite video games in terms of music.

All three games have amazing tunes, and the Ice Mountain Act 1 is my favorite from the first game. I love how the original feel of the song is kept very much the same as one would experience playing the game. This is a very lovely mix that's been put forward.

• 10 months later...

The Sonic games on the GBA were so good, and I was really glad to see a track like this finally make it to OCR when it did. I actually liked the idea of making it sound more light-tuned with the beat and having that "music box" sound in the arrangement. Great Wintery feeling from the ice level of this game.

• 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02370 - Sonic Advance "The Glacier's Peak"