112 replies to this topic

#41 Disambiguity

Disambiguity

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLansing, MI

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:52 AM

A meet-up sounds really fun; sadly I'm not active enough here (more of a lurker) to be able to join up. If suggestions are needed though I'll gladly chime in. I know the area pretty well since I have lived in the midwest my entire life... :/

Doesn't stop me. As of this one, I'll have 2 posts, and I'm still planning on going.
Posted Image

#42 MaxFrost

MaxFrost

Goemon (+300)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:06 AM

We may have to plan a separate Minneapolis meetup. Looks like there's about 5-6 of us in a 2 hour drive from each other.
Posted Image

#43 StarBLaSt

StarBLaSt

Roll (+350)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:14 AM

Omglol oh my god ell oh ell
Star Salzman
www.starblast.org
Posted Image

#44 Souliarc

Souliarc

Yoshi (+1400)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationLouisville, Kentucky, USA

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

A wild Star Salzman has appeared! He uses "Random Internet Colloquialism".

Thread counters with "Annoying Facebook Girl".
Posted Image
Click my sig for some free musicks =D
"If you want your dreams to come true, you mustn't oversleep."

#45 Antonio Pizza

Antonio Pizza

Fire Mario (+1925)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,930 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:00 AM

I'm down. We should meet in Indianapolis! I think we have laser tag or some shit somewhere here?? Now you all want to come.

If you guys do this, I'm in. Or Chicago. Maybe. My girlfriend's been dying to go there for a while now. That's quite the trip for me, though.

Not only that, but we've got duckpin bowling near Fountain Square!

Objectively, I'd say Chicago IF at least one or two people planning to attend were Chicagoland residents. Getting lost in a major city during an OCR meetup because you guide has been rushed to the ER really sucks...um.. I've heard. Frankly, Chi-town has more to offer culturally.

Subjectively, I'd say Cedar Point. It = win.

Practically, I could only do something here in Indy and therefore propose a meetup to coincide with Gen-Con the weekend of August 18th. Anime, gaming, laser tag, duckpin bowling, AND a remixer town. What more do you need?

...I still never got to meet McVaffe. Stupid squirrels : (
† = ∞
@ap_527
tntpogbamtfbwy

#46 KieranCarden

KieranCarden

Dan Hibiki (+75)

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:28 PM

Anime, gaming, laser tag, duckpin bowling, AND a remixer town.

Enough said.

We may have to plan a separate Minneapolis meetup. Looks like there's about 5-6 of us in a 2 hour drive from each other.

I like traveling in general, so I'm down for any midwest meetup - so Chicago, Indy, etc, are all open options for me. But a Minneapolis one would be especially doable. I'm about 2 hours south of the cities now, but moving to Minnetonka within the next month or so.

#47 Bahamut

Bahamut

Moderator, Maverick Rising/Serious Monkey Business Director

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,857 posts
  • LocationMountain View, CA, United States

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

Looks like there are a fair number of Indy OCR people as well. halc, chthonic, ectogemia, AP, VashtheStampede at the least. Since the midwest is so big, it's probably a good idea to compile a list of where everyone is at and to try to see where people are willing to meet up at.
Liontamer: AND THEY HAVE A PLAYPLACE

#48 Modus

Modus

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

Baww, Chicago's probably too far for me. Plus I'm weird about big cities, not my favorite thing.

If you guys end up picking northeastern Indiana or Cedar Point, then I'd love to go. Especially Cedar Point, cause I've been there a lot and can tell you what rides don't suck (Fact: Millenium Force is the best rollercoaster on the planet)

#49 wildfire

wildfire

Luigi (+750)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

I vote for Cedar Point. My second choice is Chicago.

#50 DJ SymBiotiX

DJ SymBiotiX

Metal Slug (+900)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

I'm driving down to Chicago on the 27th of April (for Acen). If anything is going on in minneapolis or chicago around then I'd show up probably :P
Posted Image

#51 Benjamin Briggs

Benjamin Briggs

M. Bison (+7000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7,434 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida, United States

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Omglol oh my god ell oh ell

I do not understand.

#52 DrewGourley

DrewGourley

Mudkip (+150)

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOmaha, NE

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:17 PM

Objectively, I'd say Chicago IF at least one or two people planning to attend were Chicagoland residents. Getting lost in a major city during an OCR meetup because you guide has been rushed to the ER really sucks...um.. I've heard. Frankly, Chi-town has more to offer culturally.

I don't live there, but I've been there for an extended stay twice and I know it, and it's public transportation system (yummy) quite well. I think Chicago could keep quite a few of us busy for sure.
Posted Image

#53 DjStriker

DjStriker

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationOklahoma City, OK

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

If you guys are talking Cedar Point Kansas I could definately pull that one off.

#54 Modus

Modus

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

If you guys are talking Cedar Point Kansas I could definately pull that one off.

The one with rollercoasters, in Sandusky :P

Looks like we're leaning toward Chicago though. Not enough Midwest-East-dwellers in OCR.

#55 SuperiorX

SuperiorX

Temporal Duality Director

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,248 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

The one with rollercoasters, in Sandusky :P

Looks like we're leaning toward Chicago though. Not enough Midwest-East-dwellers in OCR.

Haha yeah. We need to figure out how many OCRers are in Ohio and plan our own Cedar Point trip or something. I know of very few.

#56 ectogemia

ectogemia

Raccoon Mario (+1950)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis. IN

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:12 AM

Not only that, but we've got duckpin bowling near Fountain Square!

Subjectively, I'd say Cedar Point. It = win.

Practically, I could only do something here in Indy and therefore propose a meetup to coincide with Gen-Con the weekend of August 18th. Anime, gaming, laser tag, duckpin bowling, AND a remixer town. What more do you need?

...I still never got to meet McVaffe. Stupid squirrels : (

WHAT THE SHIT. Including you and me once I'm posted, I think that makes, like... 7 posted remixers currently living in Indianapolis. There must be something in our water. Probably excess fluoride.

Do you actually live in Fountain Square? Because I spend like all my god damn time at the dental school a mile away from there. Tooooo weiiirrddd

I'm cool with Chicago so long as we go to Giardono's (sp?) for dinner. I'm really not one for amusement parks, so my vote is no on all that business. #1 vote is still Indianapolis obvi.

#57 Grimm

Grimm

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

I have lots of connections in Indy, so I'd love to be able to help out with the logistics if that's what we decide on. If we do laser tag, the owner of Laser Flash is an awesome family friend (actually came up with the idea to start the place at my brother's birthday party years back if I remember right). Also, Laser Flash has a liquor license. Nuff said. If we want to do King's Island, I have at least 20 cousins in the area and a few of them might still work there. Another suggestion - when the aforementioned cousins meet up they drive south of Cincinnati right on the Kentucky border to Newport and meet in the Hofbräuhaus, but I'd have to check what time we'd have to get there to get in for those of us under 21.

I think my favorite idea is still GenCon though, VGL *should* be coming back this year (historically they've come every other year since they started, and didn't come last year) so that would be awesome. Also, my brother is president of the Indiana Anime Club who run the entire anime wing of GenCon every year, and they always pass out free staff 4-day badges to just about anyone who can volunteer (change DVDs) or run an event. Last year GenCon also had a lot of the same bands as MAGFest, (Armcannon, Danimal Cannon, Brentalfloss, Random Encounter, Bit Brigade, Year 200X, Protomen) I shot an email to the GenCon event staff, they said they might invite them all back this year. That's all stuff I'm pretty sure we could pull off, if we wanted to reach a little we could always try and invite the VGL crew out to dinner downtown. As far as I know GenCon is one of the few cons they show up extra early for because they set up a booth to plug the concert in person instead of letting the event staff do it, so they likely have one or two nights in town when they're free before they start practicing and setting up for the show.

Transport/Lodging - Indianapolis traffic's much easier to deal with than Chicago. Since it's not built on any major bodies of water, the roads are all a nice grid. Plus, there's a Megabus stop right smack downtown. It seems like at least a third of us are in Indy, I think halc and chth both live inside of 10min from downtown, and I live 20min north. I've been trying to meetup and throw a little pizza party since last GenCon. I don't know about travel time for the other Indy guys. I'll check and see if I can't offer up some lodging myself, but I think the rates downtown are at least reasonable, and since last year we've built a ton of new hotels for the big game in February.

Well there's my thoughts on the matter, I hope you guys made it through all of that without suffering information overload.

- Grimm/grimmthetallest(twitter)/VashtheStampede(turntable)

#58 DJ SymBiotiX

DJ SymBiotiX

Metal Slug (+900)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 909 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

I'm cool with Chicago so long as we go to Giordanos for dinner.

Holy shit that is the best place ever. I have some good memories about that place <3

me and 2 other friends went there (never having deep dish before). We each ordered a medium pizza. The lady brought out the first one and started serving it to us and we were all "we each ordered one" and she laughed it off but then we were like "no... we really each ordered one" and she looked so scared.

That pizza lasted me like 4 days lol
Posted Image

#59 Antonio Pizza

Antonio Pizza

Fire Mario (+1925)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,930 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis, Indiana

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:35 AM

WHAT THE SHIT. Including you and me once I'm posted, I think that makes, like... 7 posted remixers currently living in Indianapolis. There must be something in our water. Probably excess fluoride.

Do you actually live in Fountain Square?

I'm really not one for amusement parks, so my vote is no on all that business. #1 vote is still Indianapolis obvi.

A really good Naptown commercial.

My brother is in Fountain Square. I'm Northwest side, but we're originally from Kalamazoo, so I can't account for what may or may not be in the water!
GenCon = potential for wonderful setting and Grimm's got the hookup on everything else. Chicago traffic IS heart attack inducing if you're not used to the big city.

I vote OCR-MW @ GC in AUG.
-ap

P.S. Giodorno's pizza might last you four days, but Antonio Pizza lasts a lifetime.
† = ∞
@ap_527
tntpogbamtfbwy

#60 Ashamee

Ashamee

Alex Kidd (+200)

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationYuba City, CA

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:51 AM

Man, too bad Nekofrog and I don't live in Fort Wayne anymore, or we'd be all over this! Unfortunately, all but one family member high-tailed it to Florida in the last year, so I never have much reason to visit anymore. :( Have fun though, guys!
Posted Image

OCRE does it again! <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums